I think some of you missed this!

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
performer

I think some of you missed this!

Postby performer » May 3rd, 2016, 4:29 am

This is from 25 years ago. Ignore the cats and the awful music. They are not my doing. Richard will not get epilepsy this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZuBSSwBpdA

performer

Re: I think some of you missed this!

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 10:29 am

It appears that you didn't miss it after all. There are nearly 200 views here and not a single comment. How very odd...........................

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » May 4th, 2016, 2:02 pm

They don't like to post here unless it's to accuse someone of something.
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 3:47 pm

I thought they would at least post to accuse me of being me!

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I am actually posting it because of an old thread. Please note the very first post on the page. Mark Phillips demanded to see a video to "get some perspective". He also said I was a "hack". Alas I have no idea what on earth that means. No doubt it is some Americanism or other.

I have therefore acceded to his request, albeit a little belatedly. Still, better late than never. I am delighted to see the naysayers have been stunned into silence. If people like what they see then I consider them to have astute judgement. If they don't like it all I can say is that they are either blind or biased.

Anyway, here is the thread in question.
viewtopic.php?t=30857&start=10

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » May 4th, 2016, 4:31 pm

It's great that you have so many videos of you performing! I didn't have my first video of me until around ten years ago which was decades after I started performing. I finally got to see me!

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 4:36 pm

We are in the same boat. I never saw any videos of myself performing until the last 5 years or so. Or maybe slightly longer. However, since I have been doing magic for nearly sixty years it has been rather a long wait.

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » May 4th, 2016, 4:47 pm

I like to watch it only to critique it and make improvements. I really don't enjoy watching me perform. It appears that others enjoy me more than I could ever enjoy myself.

I find it uncomfortable to watch and hear myself perform. I wouldn't pay to see me! :lol:

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 7:50 pm

I am a little different. I love to watch myself perform and am in constant rapt admiration at my own genius.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 4th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Mark could never tire of seeing his genius on display, as if he were Cleopatra gazing into a mirror.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

performer

Postby performer » May 4th, 2016, 9:43 pm

I am tired of waiting until others see my genius! Did YOU watch the video? It was epilepsy free you know.

performer

Postby performer » May 6th, 2016, 7:11 am

Oh, the main reason I posted this was because Dustin Stinnett said a few years ago on this very forum that my talents were "overstated". I rather think this video proves I am every bit as good as I said I was. Consider it historical footage that you are all very privileged to see. That is the best way for you all too approach this. After all, unless you are blind or biased you cannot fail to see how wondrous my talents are.

Over 500 people have seen this thread but it seems only 200 or so have actually viewed the video. Methinks you are missing a historical opportunity and had better get to it. If you like it then I will consider you to have astute judgement. If you don't like it I will consider you a nit picking "magician" whose opinion is of no importance whatsoever.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”