creative modern rope magic

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
reburbia

creative modern rope magic

Postby reburbia » June 20th, 2015, 1:13 pm

Very inspired by Tabary's style of routine when I first saw it 5 years ago. However having already incorporated those moves, I am desperately looking for new thinkers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A lot of the stuff I have gone through is more of the same (single false knots, professors nightmare'ish, cut n restored, etc). I'm really looking for some out of the box thinking

It feels like this question is so much easier to answer in cards and coins.
"The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann

Tom Gilbert

Re: creative modern rope magic

Postby Tom Gilbert » June 20th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Why not look at the old stuff? Sands or more modern Daryl's routine.

reburbia

Postby reburbia » June 20th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Yes, I agree. I need to revisit the classics and see if I missed something
"The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » July 20th, 2015, 1:25 am

You might want to take a look at the use of color ropes in a routine like Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki's Blendo Ropes from The Wizards' Journal #16 ( http://magicnook.com/WIZj16/WIZ16-06Ble ... uaFiki.htm ).
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » July 20th, 2015, 7:13 am

Some years ago Brian Glover and Walt Lees were judging a magic competition, the third judge being a layperson - a lady.

One of the acts did Fibre Optics very well and with a good presentation, another did the Victor Rope routine well but with a bland presentation.

When discussing the acts, Brian and Walt were giving high marks to the former but the lady objected. She said, "He didn't really cut the rope as he used his fingers as a scissors, the other really cut the rope."

Return to “Close-Up Magic”