Paul Harris Instant Replay

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Paul Harris Instant Replay

Postby Guest » July 25th, 2003, 8:35 am

I need tips on how to get a single card over to my left hand. It's kinda easy while holding the whole deck, because you have some support. I know it's the same way, but it feels like it's almost impossible. David Blaine did the move with ease. I heard Paul Harris took about a year doing this. When David Blaine performed this on his special I was stunned. Is there a site about Paul Harris more about his magic?

Chris Aguilar

Re: Paul Harris Instant Replay

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2003, 9:20 am

Originally posted by LohanWizard:
Is there a site about Paul Harris more about his magic?
There is a yahoo group about Harris, but no website I"m aware of.

Dennis Kyriakos

Postby Dennis Kyriakos » July 25th, 2003, 11:12 am

Originally posted by LohanWizard:
I need tips on how to get a single card over to my left hand. It's kinda easy while holding the whole deck, because you have some support. I know it's the same way, but it feels like it's almost impossible.
There is a "knack" to it. The only advice is to keep at it! Practice, adjust, practice, adjust....

It's not impossible. If DB can do it, so can you!

Dennis

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » July 25th, 2003, 2:16 pm

I've got a clip of this at

[url=http://www.wing-it.demon.co.uk\moves.htm]www.wing-it.demon.co.uk\moves.htm[/url]

which should give you an idea of finger positions and the like. It's in the moves.rm file.

Aside from that, less is more. If you try too hard the card will over rotate and hit the other card on the way past. Make sure that your right fingers are all central to the card; if you are off centre the card will spin away. Sometimes it is easier to pull back with your thumb against your finger, but it's more easy to control the pressure if you press with your index finger.

Have fun with it. It's not going to come overnight...

Take care, Ian

Return to “Close-Up Magic”