New Levitation System By Steven X

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Steven X
Favorite Magician: Copperfield

New Levitation System By Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 4th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Check out Spinnerets by Steven X on Jeff McBride TV.

http://www.stevenxproductions.com/media-2/

mrgoat

Re: New Levitation System By Steven X

Postby mrgoat » March 5th, 2014, 3:22 am

Well, damned by faint praise indeed. That was essentially him reading out a press release and showing your promo video. Woop!

Send it in to Tom Frame here to review.

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » March 5th, 2014, 7:57 am

mrgoat wrote:Well, damned by faint praise indeed. That was essentially him reading out a press release and showing your promo video. Woop!

Jeff did seem impressed by the spinning bottle thing. As was I when I saw the trailer. Can't figure out the nature of that hookup, so I assumed it wasn't very practical - but Jeff says it's easy to get in and out of the rig. I think it is merited to be curious about this release.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » March 5th, 2014, 8:41 am

Tom Stone wrote:
mrgoat wrote:Well, damned by faint praise indeed. That was essentially him reading out a press release and showing your promo video. Woop!

Jeff did seem impressed by the spinning bottle thing. As was I when I saw the trailer. Can't figure out the nature of that hookup, so I assumed it wasn't very practical - but Jeff says it's easy to get in and out of the rig. I think it is merited to be curious about this release.

Curious, maybe. But I'd wait until I saw a review before forking over $50 for the hook up and $150 or whatever he is charging for the DVD!

Also, as no one has ever heard of him, I'd be very cautious at all about sending him money.

It may well be fantastic, but, a self released trick, at that price, with someone no one has heard of sends all sorts of warning signals to me!

He also seems to be a bit of a hit and run spammer, which again doesn't fill me with confidence:

viewtopic.php?t=43955

Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 5th, 2014, 10:22 am

No, definitely not a hit and run spammer. I'm not new to magic, however I am promoting my first product. Magic is my passion. I have a great love for the art. You will soon see it on Wizard Product Review. Jeff McBride was giving his own personal opinion. Check out the review on my web site from Andre Hagen. He is a well respected magician, with 70 yrs. experience in magic. He was the editor of the trilogy, The Art Of Astonishment By Paul Harris. There is a great article about him in book 3, pg 3. Very talented man. I designed Spinnerets with the thread worker in mind. I aimed to solve all issues with thread work. No more fake bathroom breaks! If the thread breaks spin another right under the spectator's nose. No more walking around like a marionette, always hooked to a thread. I have also reduced the price of the DVD to make it more reachable to the magic community. Spinnerets are 50 mini thread reels, smaller than your thumb nail, that can be spun on a moments notice, invisibly. Right under the spectator's nose. Nothing to hide or ditch.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » March 5th, 2014, 10:37 am

Steven X wrote:No, definitely not a hit and run spammer.

Sorry for suggesting that. It's just all you've done here is spam your product. And not answered questions from people in the other thread you started.

Steven X wrote:I'm not new to magic,

Didn't suggest you were, just said that no one seems to have heard of you.

Steven X wrote: however I am promoting my first product.

So much is clear. The ads here are really cheap.

Steven X wrote:You will soon see it on Wizard Product Review.

I'd try and get it reviewed by someone trustworthy instead. Like here, or Magic.

Steven X wrote:Jeff McBride was giving his own personal opinion.

Most reviews are personal opinions, aren't they?

:)

I look forward to seeing a review from someone I trust soon.

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » March 5th, 2014, 11:21 am

Hello Steven,

If you're willing to send me a copy of Spinnerets, I'll be happy to review it here on the forum.

Thanks for considering my offer.

Cheers,

Tom

tomframe1@comcast.net

527A 21st Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94121

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » March 5th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Steven X wrote:No, definitely not a hit and run spammer. I'm not new to magic, however I am promoting my first product. Magic is my passion. I have a great love for the art.

Steven, some people here becomes a bit confrontational when someone's first post looks like an ad more than an introduction. Unfortunately, in many cases it is justified.

I would love to know more about you and your work. Would it be possible for you to introduce yourself in a more usual manner? Where are you based? Who inspired you? You know, those things... That would also do wonders to alleviate Mr. Goat's suspicions, and you might find that underneath that harsh exterior resides an even worse person... sorry, I meant a quite lovely person. :-)

Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 5th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Tom Frame wrote:Hello Steven,

If you're willing to send me a copy of Spinnerets, I'll be happy to review it here on the forum.

Cheers,

Tom

tomframe1@comcast.net

527A 21st Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94121

Tom,

Thanks so much for the offer. However, you will be seeing Spinnerets on World Product Review very soon.

Thanks again,

Steven

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » March 5th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Steven X wrote:

Cheers,

Tom

tomframe1@comcast.net

527A 21st Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94121

Tom,

Thanks so much for the offer. However, you will be seeing Spinnerets on World Product Review very soon.

Thanks again,

Steven

Sadly, WPR is run by idiots no one trusts. The fact you chose them over our trusted reviewer speaks volumes.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » March 5th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Tom Stone wrote:
Steven X wrote:I would love to know more about you and your work. Would it be possible for you to introduce yourself in a more usual manner? Where are you based? Who inspired you? You know, those things... That would also do wonders to alleviate Mr. Goat's suspicions, and you might find that underneath that harsh exterior resides an even worse person... sorry, I meant a quite lovely person. :-)

I love and miss you! Hope all is well,

xxx

Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 5th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Tom Stone wrote:
Steven X wrote:No, definitely not a hit and run spammer. I'm not new to magic, however I am promoting my first product. Magic is my passion. I have a great love for the art.

Steven, some people here becomes a bit confrontational when someone's first post looks like an ad more than an introduction. Unfortunately, in many cases it is justified.

I would love to know more about you and your work. Would it be possible for you to introduce yourself in a more usual manner? Where are you based? Who inspired you? You know, those things... That would also do wonders to alleviate Mr. Goat's suspicions, and you might find that underneath that harsh exterior resides an even worse person... sorry, I meant a quite lovely person. :-)

Sure Tom. I'm from Toledo, Ohio. I've been doing magic for 30 yrs. Close up magic is my favorite type of magic. I also really like to invent. I am constantly thinking of new ways to do things. I'm inspired by many, many people. To name a few.... David Copperfield, Orson Welles, Jeff McBride and Nikola Tesla. I was inspired to create Spinnerets because many thread systems had a lot of limitation that extremely bothered me. For instance, always walking around with a string attached, like a marionette. I HATED having to go to the bathroom to reset, every time my thread would break. That's what makes Spinnerets so unique. If the thread breaks, spin another right under the spectator's nose, invisibly. I didn't like relying on a mechanical apparatus for retraction. I wanted to be more in control. That's why I came up with 3 impromptu thread retractions, also on my DVD. I didn't want to worry about batteries, rubber bands, noisy reels, reel retracting too fast, malfunctions, and limitations. Spinnerets are versatile,enabling you to do virtually any hoop up. Limited only by your imagination. Nothing to hide or ditch. No more fake bathroom breaks! Spin webs anytime, anywhere. Even in the nude. If there is anything else you want to know about me, let me know.

Steven

Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 5th, 2014, 9:18 pm

mrgoat wrote:
Steven X wrote:

Cheers,

Tom

tomframe1@comcast.net

527A 21st Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94121

Tom,

Thanks again,

Steven

Sadly, WPR is run by idiots no one trusts. The fact you chose them over our trusted reviewer speaks volumes.

Mrgoat,

Can you please elaborate on your thoughts on WPR?

Thanks,

Steven

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » March 5th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Steven X wrote:Sure Tom. I'm from Toledo, Ohio. I've been doing magic for 30 yrs. Close up magic is my favorite type of magic. I also really like to invent. I am constantly thinking of new ways to do things. I'm inspired by many, many people. To name a few.... David Copperfield, Orson Welles, Jeff McBride and Nikola Tesla. I was inspired to create Spinnerets because many thread systems had a lot of limitation that extremely bothered me. For instance, always walking around with a string attached, like a marionette. I HATED having to go to the bathroom to reset, every time my thread would break. That's what makes Spinnerets so unique. If the thread breaks, spin another right under the spectator's nose, invisibly. I didn't like relying on a mechanical apparatus for retraction. I wanted to be more in control. That's why I came up with 3 impromptu thread retractions, also on my DVD. I didn't want to worry about batteries, rubber bands, noisy reels, reel retracting too fast, malfunctions, and limitations. Spinnerets are versatile,enabling you to do virtually any hoop up. Limited only by your imagination. Nothing to hide or ditch. No more fake bathroom breaks! Spin webs anytime, anywhere. Even in the nude. If there is anything else you want to know about me, let me know.

Steven

So you are in your 40-50's now?
As far as i know, I haven't come across your name before. Have you used another name before this? Have you ever had anything published in the magazines?

It is nice to hear that there are so many positive things with your thread system, but perhaps we can wait a litte with that topic, if possible. :-)

Oh, don't worry about Mr. Goat's views on WPR. Good or bad, they have a large audience and a good review there will be useful to you.
The reviewer here on the Genii forum is immensely more knowledgeable though, but have unfortunately a far smaller audience. You should get it reviewed in the print magazine though.

Steven X

Postby Steven X » March 5th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Tom Stone wrote:
Steven X wrote:Sure Tom. I'm from Toledo, Ohio. I've been doing magic for 30 yrs. Close up magic is my favorite type of magic. I also really like to invent. I am constantly thinking of new ways to do things. I'm inspired by many, many people. To name a few.... David Copperfield, Orson Welles, Jeff McBride and Nikola Tesla. I was inspired to create Spinnerets because many thread systems had a lot of limitation that extremely bothered me. For instance, always walking around with a string attached, like a marionette. I HATED having to go to the bathroom to reset, every time my thread would break. That's what makes Spinnerets so unique. If the thread breaks, spin another right under the spectator's nose, invisibly. I didn't like relying on a mechanical apparatus for retraction. I wanted to be more in control. That's why I came up with 3 impromptu thread retractions, also on my DVD. I didn't want to worry about batteries, rubber bands, noisy reels, reel retracting too fast, malfunctions, and limitations. Spinnerets are versatile,enabling you to do virtually any hoop up. Limited only by your imagination. Nothing to hide or ditch. No more fake bathroom breaks! Spin webs anytime, anywhere. Even in the nude. If there is anything else you want to know about me, let me know.

Steven

So you are in your 40-50's now?
As far as i know, I haven't come across your name before. Have you used another name before this? Have you ever had anything published in the magazines?

It is nice to hear that there are so many positive things with your thread system, but perhaps we can wait a litte with that topic, if possible. :-)

Oh, don't worry about Mr. Goat's views on WPR. Good or bad, they have a large audience and a good review there will be useful to you.
The reviewer here on the Genii forum is immensely more knowledgeable though, but have unfortunately a far smaller audience. You should get it reviewed in the print magazine though.

I'm in my late 30's. :D I've been doing magic since I was a kid. I mostly do restaurants, private parties, banquets and charity events. This is my first product, so I've never had anything published in the magazines. My wife always told me that I should sell my effects and I finally listened. :) This is the first of many more to come. I will definitely send it in to be reviewed by Genii.

Thanks,

Steven

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » April 21st, 2014, 12:23 pm

Price drop down to $39.99 (as opposed to the $200 it was initially on sale for) for the reel and the DVD.

Heh. Surprised it took that long tbh.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”