The Cheetah's Handbook

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Jamie Badman

The Cheetah's Handbook

Postby Jamie Badman » January 14th, 2005, 9:48 am

I'd like to briefly draw your attention to a new ebook that's been launched on our site ( The Underground Collective ) :

'The Cheetah's Handbook'

It's a limited edition (150 copies then it's removed from the site) and is a collaboration between 10 magicians:

Kostya Kimlat, Andi Gladwin, Jamie Badman, Luke Dancy, Jack Parker, John Bodine, Colin Miller, Tyler Wilson, Rob James and Liam Montier.

Everyone has contributed material toward this single ebook. It's 50 pages in length and we've put a great deal of effort into this project to bring something that contains strong material, is well written and carefully laid out.

The ebook consists of entirely close-up material: Coins, mentalism, cards and some other more esoteric materials! The website has a full list of contents with brief descriptions of each effect - plus it has a video available showing one of the effects from the ebook!

Really hope you guys like this one!

Jamie.

Jamie Badman

Re: The Cheetah's Handbook

Postby Jamie Badman » January 16th, 2005, 12:25 pm

You can see another routine from the book here:

Clean Sanchez Video

Cheers,

Jamie.

Ryan Matney

Postby Ryan Matney » January 16th, 2005, 1:43 pm

Good luck with the book Jamie, although limited books are not really appreciated here unless they are written by Phil Goldstein or something. ;-)
Get the Dirty Work - Available now at http://www.ryanmatneymagic.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 16th, 2005, 3:33 pm

So, Jamie, if you've all put so much work into it, what's the point of limiting it to only 150 copies?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jamie Badman

Postby Jamie Badman » January 16th, 2005, 11:54 pm

You know, in retrospect, the limitation on the number of copies might have been a mistake. However, now it's been done - and selling has begun it's not something easily retracted. The original decision was a group one (the ebook is a true collaboration and all parties have been involved fully in it throughout) simply because we wanted to see how this project went before deciding whether or not to embark on a much more ambitious one.

The more I consider the 150 limit (especially given the current rate of sales) the more I think we've shot ourselves in the feet with this one - but live and learn I guess!

Jamie.

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2005, 12:48 pm

The limitation of sales seems appealing to me as a 'consumer' rather than 'inventor' of magic. I can place a safe bet that since only 150 copies are being sold and I purchase one... then in theory only 149 others are 'in the know'.

(I haven't purchased one yet, but that's the main reason I'm putting serious thought into acquiring it)

Craig

Jamie Badman

Postby Jamie Badman » February 21st, 2005, 5:16 am

Return to “Close-Up Magic”