Kueppers compared to Schoolcraft & Lassen

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
erdnasephile

Kueppers compared to Schoolcraft & Lassen

Postby erdnasephile » September 14th, 2013, 12:21 pm

I own some Schoolcraft and Lassen, but have never owned/held any of Mr. Kuepper's work.

Since a quick Internet search turned up varying opinions, I was wondering if some of ya'll that have worked with Mr. Kuepper's custom stuff were happy with his workmanship.

Specifically, how does his stuff compare with Schoolcraft and Lassen?

Many thanks!

Tom Gilbert

Re: Kueppers compared to Schoolcraft & Lassen

Postby Tom Gilbert » September 14th, 2013, 8:44 pm

There's a thread on the Cafe in Trick Coin Trickery about Kueppers worth looking at.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » September 17th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Hi, Tom:

Thanks for reply. I did see that thread, but there were such conflicting opinions expressed, that I thought I'd ask the experienced folks here as well. Waiting for custom stuff doesn't bug me, as long as it's worth waiting for.

Schoolcraft and Lassen's stuff are clearly a cut above the mass produced stuff--I was wondering if Kueppers' were as well. (This year, I spent good money on a shell/insert from a well regarded mass manufacturer and it had a fat lip so big, you'd think Mike Tyson hit it!)

David Ben

Postby David Ben » September 17th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Roy has made many custom items for me over the years. I have also trusted him with refurbishing coin gimmicks once owned by Vernon. He does very fine work. (He does, however, take a long time.) I don't believe he gets the credit he deserves.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » September 17th, 2013, 3:41 pm

I agree with David.

However, I find that all the coin guys take a long time, which is to be expected, they're working with those tiny little coins and the tiny little chisel and tiny hammer.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » September 17th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Thank you, gentlemen--those are some strong endorsements indeed, and are very helpful to me. I appreciate it!

Return to “Close-Up Magic”