Sound effect

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Sound effect

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2002, 2:08 pm

Hello all I just came upon an interesting Idea. I was ending a chop cup routine by placing the cup under the close up mat and then vanishing the cup. I was using a lapping technique but I digress. was experimenting with ways to make the vanish so I clapped my hands together through the pad, so I had one hand on each side. I was surprised and so was my dog when a very loud sound was produced. I may just be halucinating but this seems like a cool way to vanish somthing.

Noah Levine

P.S. oh and if you hold the chop cup to you ear you can hear the voices of people who are after you, another interesting item.

Re: Sound effect

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2002, 12:15 am

I don't use a close up mat professionally but I like to idea. It sounds very cool.

If you place a piece of plastic the same diameter as chopcup and hold it up with a piece of dowl or coat hanger wire (under the mat)You could disappear it that way too

P.S I tried holding the chop cup up to my ear but the metal plate in head stuck there.

P.P.S I don't think those are the voices of people who are after you. Think they are just echos from the voices in your head ;)

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » January 24th, 2002, 10:52 pm

The voices you hear are the many magicians who use the Chop Cup professionally screaming their disagreement with Crimper's assessment of the device.

Postby Guest » January 25th, 2002, 4:12 am

I think I may just happen to have a new favorite person.

Noah Levine

Return to “Close-Up Magic”