Card Trick to display Company's Name...

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Jeff Eline

Card Trick to display Company's Name...

Postby Jeff Eline » April 29th, 2003, 9:55 am

Any suggestions on a card effect that will display a company's name (or person or phrase, etc...) for the finale. With a regular deck or maybe with a blank deck? Any references or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rick Schulz

Re: Card Trick to display Company's Name...

Postby Rick Schulz » April 29th, 2003, 10:33 am

I have heard of trade show performers performning E&W's Color Monte, and substituting a (blank) card with the company's name. You would have to adapt the patter, of course. I don't know if this consititues any kind of intellectual property infringement or not.

Sean Piper

Postby Sean Piper » April 29th, 2003, 12:20 pm

Practically any card trick that has a kicker revelation at the end can be reworked to include a logo.

2 Card Transpositions, Colour Monte, The Whole Thing, Bicycle Built for Five, Three Card Monte, etc.

Postby Guest » April 29th, 2003, 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Jeff Eline:
Any suggestions on a card effect that will display a company's name (or person or phrase, etc...) for the finale. With a regular deck or maybe with a blank deck? Any references or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
What kind of venue are you playing to? If it's a standup routine, one good method might be the Insurance Policy (especially if you are working for an insurance company!) with the company's logo printed across the card.

A simple deck switch to an alphabet deck and spelling out the company's name with the cards on a houlette ir stand works well for trade shows, as does a card to silk (with the company logo printed on it, of course) plays well, too.

A color changing deck routine (I use Paul Harris' Joker Poker) works, especially if you hand out the deck (which has the company logo on it) to the customer as a souvenier. Brings bigger crowds and allows you to sell the client a bunch of decks with their name or logo on it for extra income, too!

Hope this helps!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Postby Guest » April 29th, 2003, 3:38 pm

You would have to put the deck of cards away, but I think Timothy Wenk's Punchline would be a great effect in this arena. --Asrah

Return to “Close-Up Magic”