coin magic

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Brian Marks

Re: coin magic

Postby Brian Marks » October 30th, 2001, 8:38 pm

Word has it David Stone cancelled his US tour due to injury. Im told he always has an accident prior to coming to the US. He hurt his knee last time. I am not clear on this but he supposedly hurt a tendon in his pinky. Im told he is otherwise fine.

Postby Guest » October 30th, 2001, 8:53 pm

David Stone and I have exchanged emails ever since I wrote the review of his videos for www.coinmagic.com and www.coinvanish.com. I had the pleasure to meet him and see him lecture this past summer, he is a great guy. And has fast paced clean coin work.

As for the tendon in his hand... he told me the Dr.'s say he will be OK. If you remember the wine bottle production he teaches at the beginning of his lecture where he pops the balloon with a knife... well if you aim too high you hit your hand...that's exactly what happened to him, poor guy.

Dan

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Dan Watkins ]

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2001, 9:46 am

So I'm happy that Houdini was wrong when he said that no french magicien would ever show something to americans...
Ouf, honor is safe ;)

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2001, 1:58 pm

Mine would have to coins & cylinder & Tom Gagnon's "Radical Rebound" with a jumbo coin final load ending. Tom's routine does very well in the restaurant, despite the necessity of a small pad on a plain table.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”