Needle Swallowing Trouble

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
ashburner

Needle Swallowing Trouble

Postby ashburner » June 28th, 2011, 4:09 am

I'm having trouble with the needle swallowing effect. The thread keeps tangling in my mouth. I dont quite understand the illustration in the Tarbell course; the tome does not go in to detail. The diagram looks as if the thread is zig-zagged. I have had avice on another forum to wind the thread around the first needle then around two needles and so on until the end. This has not solved the problem. Any advice for me?

David Doerr

Re: Needle Swallowing Trouble

Postby David Doerr » April 20th, 2012, 4:46 am

confessions of a needle swallower by steve spill is the best dvd that I could find... www.penguinmagic.com has the dvd ... It gives a GREAT detail of how to keep the thread from tangling.. and an easy teaching of the trick.. any other questions let me know :)

Ivanovich

Re: Needle Swallowing Trouble

Postby Ivanovich » April 20th, 2012, 10:05 am

I had this problem for quite a while and once asked Teller since he does the needles beautifully. He told me that's something every magician needs to work out for himself. You'll learn a lot more that way.

So I tried lots of different methods. I finally settled on pleat between needles and a wrap around the bundle. Repeat.

Oh, and set it up before the show. They seem to come apart better if they haven't been wrapped too long.

I highly recommend Spill's DVD (and I don't recommend DVDs that often).

Chris

Return to “Close-Up Magic”