LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Volume 3

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Harry Lorayne

LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Volume 3

Postby Harry Lorayne » May 7th, 2009, 7:13 pm

I need to "pick some brains," get some thoughts. I've almost - almost - been talked into doing LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Volume 3. The books I had planned for it - to re-write, etc. - are QUANTUM LEAPS, TREND SETTERS, THE MAGIC BOOK. But, I'm having kind of second thoughts about THE MAGIC BOOK - because - that was/is a book basically for beginners, although so many experienced magicians have told me that they fool other magicians with much of the stuff therein, and that they've put a lot of the items into their repertoires, etc. The only other book I can include, as the third one, is MATHEMATICAL WIZARDRY. But that, of course, isn't on card magic, etc., it's all stuff to do with numbers. So, what do you think? Shall I "do" THE MAGIC BOOK or MATHEMATICAL WIZARDRY as the third book of the volume? Or do you have other suggestions? Of course, there's also my THE HIMBER WALLET BOOK, but that really is a different "category" kind of book; no? Thanks. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Bob Cunningham

Re: LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Volume 3

Postby Bob Cunningham » May 7th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Hi Harry,

I would love to see Mathematical Wizardry included.

I teach geeks network security and include magic in my teaching. I have wanted to include your "magic square" in my classes for sometime, but have not been able to find a copy of Mathematical Wizardry.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 7th, 2009, 8:31 pm

I'd vote for the Himber Wallet Book over math any day.
Have all of your magazine contributions been published? There might be enough that haven't been collected in Personal Collections 1 and 2 to constitute another "third" volume for Personal Collection 3.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 8th, 2009, 11:03 am

Unless there were significant advanced variations to include, I would prefer other material besides "The Magic Book"

I also would favor magazine material > Himber Wallet > Math

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » May 8th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, folks. I've also received quite a few personal emails and phone calls. The consensus at the moment seems to be for me to include my re-write, etc, of DINGLE'S DECEPTIONS. And, since that's not a book, but a pamphlet, there'd be room for me to include a couple of "bonuses" - like some of my stuff from APOCALYPSE and some really new stuff. Best - HARRY L.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 8th, 2009, 6:34 pm

The Magic Book is a great book.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » May 8th, 2009, 7:03 pm

Thanks for saying so, Bob. If I don't re-write it for THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 3 I'll simply re-print it in the future. All I have left now are a few of the Deluxe, numbered, etc., versions of that book.

tedski

Postby tedski » May 8th, 2009, 11:05 pm

Harry, please include The Great Divide and Numero Uno!!

Mallakite

Postby Mallakite » August 30th, 2009, 11:07 am

Also please think about including What A M-E-S! Thanks.

Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » August 30th, 2009, 5:29 pm

The Great Divide, Numero Uno and What A M-E-S! were all included in Personal Collection...

Return to “Close-Up Magic”