New effect/routine to hit the market within the next 6 months(I hope)

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
JORDINI

New effect/routine to hit the market within the next 6 months(I hope)

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Okay, it isn't only an effect, it's a full multi-phase routine. It will include all neccessary gimmicks(which if it works out will be made by jamie schoolcraft). The gimmicks aren't normally cheap so i imagine this routine won't be under $100.00. here is the routine:

The performer openly displays a deck of cards. The spectator picks a card. It is remembered and shuffled into the deck. The performer now states he will read the spec's mind. The performer tries 3 times to name the card but fails and says "the card is on the tip of my tounge, we'll get back to this later". From there the performer pulls out a stack of $1 dollar bills but realizes he needs $20 dollar bills. With a shake of his hands, the stack of ones visually changes into twenties. The performer now puts some of the 20.00 bills away because he only needs four. Both hands are shown empty except for the 4 twenty dollar bills. One at a time each bill is openly laid into each corner of the mat/table. one by one, the bills are moved away only to find a solid morgan dollar under each one. The performer now explains that the eagles mean "flight,unity, and freedom" and visually demonstrates this by having each coin visually travel (with basicly no sleights) to the top corner. 3 of the 4 coins are shown in the corner before being covered again. The last coin (4th coin) travels but when the performer lifts the bill to show it now cotains 4 coins under it, the performer reveals the coins all went back to their original corners. The performer then realizes he never named the spec's card but realized he said "it was on the tip of his tounge". The performer corrects himself and asks the spec's to look at the faces of the 20.00 bills. On each andrew jackson face on the 20.00 bills,there is a tongue sticking out his mouth and on his tounge is says the spec's selected card.

It will most likely be made in clad kenndy's to keep the price low.

the gimmicks are very nice, not very common and can be used for a lot of other very well known effects.

what do you guys think?

A video will be put up soon.

Adrian Kuiper

Re: New effect/routine to hit the market within the next 6 months(I hope)

Postby Adrian Kuiper » December 15th, 2008, 5:20 pm

What did they think of it on the Cafe???

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 5:23 pm

i have not put it on the cafe yet....i will be posting it there soon. I wanted genii members to get first look because genii is a must have magazine and this seems like a nice third party bonus for subscribing. The first five who pm me will get a free pdf instructional, but no props(if you are a devoted coin worker, you will have the gimmicks....maybe, but they can be ordered from jamie or todd). The only catch is they must post a review good or bad, as long as it is honest and constructive. The pdf's will be emailed within 5 days(i'm just finalizing it).

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 15th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Is this piece working for you in getting jobs? How about repeat clients - do they specifically request it?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Postby Doug Thornton » December 15th, 2008, 6:22 pm

You are certainly full of enthusiasm. The routine seems to fall in the category of perverse magic, and might work best for someone with an engaging sense of humor.
My big advice is that you need an editor. If you are putting together a pdf, please have someone check it for you. Your posts in this thread have typos and spelling and grammar errors.
For example, you are not e.e. cummings - the word "I" should always be capitalized.
Good luck to you.
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Indeed, I do have an editor. I quickly typed that and didn't read over it. Would you like a copy of the pdf Doug?

Btw, It indeed allows for comedy(thats my style) but, it can be done to fit many other personalities.

Mr. Townsend, This routine landed me my part time restruant job and i will soon be entering competitions with it. And yes, People do ask to see that "card and money trick"

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 9:22 pm

4 left!

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm

3 left!

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 15th, 2008, 11:03 pm

I didn't realize so many people were willing to review this so i will send out a total of ten more....

JORDINI

Postby JORDINI » December 16th, 2008, 3:05 pm

All are gone. Several things have been brought to my attention involving rights of a couple moves(in which i thought i did my research...been getting as much info as i could in the last year), so until everything is settled happily, the release will be delayed. I am sorry. But to those who did recieve it, please let me know your thoughts. Worse comes to worse, I will be selling silver 64' kennedy half 3 coin nest gimmicks with my matrix exclusivly through me. The gimmicks WILL be made by Jamie Schoolcraft.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”