tri-fold practice mirror

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
JKeppel

tri-fold practice mirror

Postby JKeppel » April 18th, 2008, 1:31 am

I broke my tri-fold practice mirror and am having a hard time finding a new one. Anyone have an idea of where to get a new one?

John Nicholls

Re: tri-fold practice mirror

Postby John Nicholls » April 18th, 2008, 6:21 am

I bought mine in England from Alakazam. Maybe they sourced them in the States so you could try them.

Jon Elion

Postby Jon Elion » April 18th, 2008, 7:23 am

I had my local hardware store cut my three pieces of mirror glass (I gave them the measurements, of course). I laid the pieces face-down on the table, allowed a small gap between them, and made a tri-fold mirror using "gaffer's" tape applied along the back of the hinge-point (duct tape would work just as well). You should apply narrow tape over the remaining exposed edges as they are sharp (black electrical tape works nicely for this).

Doc Dixon

Postby Doc Dixon » April 18th, 2008, 7:57 am

Years ago at an estate sale in my neighborhood I found an antique tri-fold vanity mirror. It's metal hinged and frames. Sturdy. Perfect. Five bucks. I've tried looking online for something similar, but the ones I've found are either too small (6 inch mirror) or way too big (2 feet tall). Of course, I didn't search that hard because I've already got one. Just looking for a source.

So if you don't want to make one, try google.

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Postby Joe Naud » April 18th, 2008, 12:29 pm

I bought three mirror tiles from Home Depot and just used duct tape to put them together and it works great. If you want a wider view you can use four tiles. They fold up nicely and work great.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”