Performing Tenyo: standing up

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Mr Hurley

Performing Tenyo: standing up

Postby Mr Hurley » February 4th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Okay. So it looks like we are going to Disneyland in late April and I want to bring some Tenyo with me to practice and perform (notably to Disney royalty: Anna and Elsa...and maybe some people standing in lines).

So I want to bring Tenyo that DO NOT require any sort of table whatsoever AND are travel friendly, as I intend to carry a small case with me through the park. So far, I have come up with the following that I know are 'stand-up friendly'

- Cubio/Super Cubio
- Shrinking Pen
- Security Lock
- Zone Infinity
- Soft Coins (a bit cumbersome with the pencils, coins, and paper, but it's doable)

I think I know what to look for, but I want to run this by the experts and experienced hats and see if I missed something, or if something that's mentioned isn't the best idea. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Performing Tenyo: standing up

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 4th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Doing magic for face characters is something that will be frowned upon because there are people waiting in line behind you for hours and you're using more than your allotted 30 to 60 seconds to step up, get your photo taken, and leave.

For many tricks where you might otherwise need a table, if you ask people to hold out their hands and keep them flat, that often works.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » February 4th, 2016, 6:29 pm

get your picture snapped while holding the prop and just tell everyone you performed for them.

Mr Hurley

Postby Mr Hurley » February 4th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:get your picture snapped while holding the prop and just tell everyone you performed for them.

That's true. But this was something at the request of my daughter. It sounded like a good idea but it looks like the logistics will not allign with that

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » February 4th, 2016, 9:56 pm

I should think, Mr. H., that you should be able to perform shrinking pen for Ana and Elsa within 60 seconds. You don't want to disappoint your daughter, and if you want to guarantee your receptivity, go right up to them with your daughter(who could initially be holding the pen as your "assistant") and just start the trick (no patter needed) while someone else takes a phone video or photo of you and your daughter. Disney prides itself in making people's day, and I think you will have no problem at all.

Mr Hurley

Postby Mr Hurley » February 5th, 2016, 5:49 pm

I figured that the Anna & Elsa visit get you more time since the visit for them is still done by a 'first come, first served' fast-pass system. I'll have to research it a bit further.

But if the time is significantly longer than the quick camera opportunity. Then Shrinking Pen it is! Thank you.

Return to “Tenyo”