Ghost Lamp and shuffling

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Mr Hurley

Ghost Lamp and shuffling

Postby Mr Hurley » September 10th, 2015, 7:32 am

I've been messing around with Ghost Lamp this past week, since I have completely neglected to work with it in the past (unfortunately).

I must say, is this a sleeper hit or something? It costs a lot in American magic sites but no one talks about it.

Anyway, I've been researching different shuffling methods and card flourishes for Ghost Lamp and I'm wondering if anyone has tried any different methods that go 'beyond the instructions', as the demo and the instructions suggest a Hindu Shuffle. I understand and see why this method is effective, but I also like tinder what else is possible with presentation and push the boundary with what I have.

I know there is an old adage of 'don't look for a problem when there isn't one', but I feel like there must be some sort of range in versatility with this one. It's cards, after all.

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Re: Ghost Lamp and shuffling

Postby I.M. Magician » September 10th, 2015, 11:17 am

I really like Tenyo's version of Ghost Lamp although I have never performed it. The one demo on YouTube I have seen appears to be the best way to perform it. Of course, it should be since it is Tenyo's demo.

Because of the way the cards are, handling is limited but I don't personally feel that there is a need to handle the deck in any other way. The handling in the demo is convincing and clean.

So that's my take on Ghost Lamp for what it's worth. By the way, the selling price for it in the states is high because of the U.S. wholesale cost of the product. In fact, that may be the highest retail price for any Tenyo trick in the U.S.. A good trivia question...

Return to “Tenyo”