Magic Matrix - Where is the magic?

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

PickaCard

Magic Matrix - Where is the magic?

Postby PickaCard » November 10th, 2014, 3:04 pm

I recently bought an iPad and was looking into Tenyo's Magic Matrix.

I am very happy with Magic Shuffle on my iPod Touch and the effect is clear since a thought of card is revealed however Magic Matrix lacks a magical element.

It's simply a matrix performed electronically. Am I missing something?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Magic Matrix - Where is the magic?

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 10th, 2014, 4:46 pm

I wondered the same thing, of course. You would think that laymen would just understand that the coin is not a real coin, and placing an electronic image of a card over it doesn't really have much meaning when the coin is not there when the "card" is moved. Having written about this in the Tenyo book, I asked Kenichi Komiya, the creator, to demonstrate it for me. It was quite interesting. I don't think your $5 will be poorly spent because, despite the fact that it's electronic, laymen are surprised when the coins magically move around. I don't understand why, but it is effective.

And make sure not to delete your download of Magic Hat, because it's no longer available.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

stereo

Re: Magic Matrix - Where is the magic?

Postby stereo » November 11th, 2014, 2:01 pm

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/12/ ... ation.html

-Magic Matrix: We have recreated a magic trick called "Coin Assembly" that uses coins and cards which can be performed on the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The coins under the cards mysteriously move. Your audience tries to do the same, but is unsuccessful.

Looks like it's the fact the spectator can't do the same which is the "trick".

Return to “Tenyo”