Cosanostramagic selling Chinese Copy of Tenyo Item on Ebay

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

baabaablacksheep

Cosanostramagic selling Chinese Copy of Tenyo Item on Ebay

Postby baabaablacksheep » October 2nd, 2013, 8:14 am

Crazy Spots is being sold on Ebay by cosanostramagic.

The seller claims: "NOTE: I am not sure this is actually a Tenyo manufactures as all the ones I checked they were blue in color, this is red with the words Magic World printed on the bottom. For this reason a very low starting bid."

So it is red not blue, it says Magic World not Tenyo, and the instructions are not Tenyo.

Selling it alone is not right as far as Magic ethics are concerned but listing it as a Tenyo item is really, really wrong especially since the seller knows it is not Tenyo. This is not a mistake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENYO-T-39-CRAZ ... 417798a8f7

Roger M.

Re: Cosanostramagic selling Chinese Ripoff Tenyo Item on Eba

Postby Roger M. » October 2nd, 2013, 10:05 am

The seller's not "sure" it isn't a Tenyo item, he's listed some of the differences he sees from other similar Tenyo items he's researched.

Perhaps it is Tenyo, perhaps it isn't Tenyo - the seller has given you the appropriate information for you to make up your own mind, and buy (or don't buy) accordingly.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Cosanostramagic selling Chinese Copy of Tenyo Item on Eb

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 2nd, 2013, 10:42 am

It's not a Tenyo item, just a Chinese copy. But Tenyo's "Crazy Spots" is itself a copy of an earlier German plastic version of Harry Roydon's "Crazy Spots."

The only problem is that someone who is not familiar with what Tenyo's trick looks like might buy this thinking it's a Tenyo item.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » October 2nd, 2013, 10:55 am

If anyone would like to buy a brand new GENUINE Tenyo Crazy Spots for $8.50 including shipping to the US, please PM me. I have several in the English Tenyo box.

baabaablacksheep

Re: Cosanostramagic selling Chinese Ripoff Tenyo Item on Eba

Postby baabaablacksheep » October 2nd, 2013, 12:06 pm

Roger M. wrote:The seller's not "sure" it isn't a Tenyo item, he's listed some of the differences he sees from other similar Tenyo items he's researched.

Perhaps it is Tenyo, perhaps it isn't Tenyo - the seller has given you the appropriate information for you to make up your own mind, and buy (or don't buy) accordingly.

I am sure it is not Tenyo.

Richard Kaufman is sure it is not Tenyo.

The seller knows it is not Tenyo.

In the Title it clearly says "Tenyo T-39 Crazy Spots"

I appreciate you playing devils advocate but there is no "perhaps" here, just one side to this story. RIPOFF.
Last edited by baabaablacksheep on October 2nd, 2013, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » October 2nd, 2013, 4:10 pm

I was being polite in my earlier post.

If you're a buyer, and you don't understand the inferences in this ebay listing, you deserve to be the owner of whatever shows up in your mail box.

Really, aside from being self-appointed "forum cop", it doesn't take a genius to understand what the listing is saying.

You'd have to be a first class donkey to buy this thinking it was an original Tenyo item after the lengths the seller has gone to to highlight why it might NOT BE a Tenyo item.

If the Genii forum were devolve into a forum whose mission it was to highlight every ebay instance of somebody selling a copy of some magic item, it would swell to the point where it was impossible to moderate, and equally impossible to read.

At some point, people are responsible for what they buy, and what they sell.....I'm not sure anybody needs a cop pointing it out to them in the Genii forum.

I despise the pirating of magic effects - but I also find endlessly reading about it the most boring subject matter as is possible to be presented with.

stereo

Postby stereo » October 2nd, 2013, 5:56 pm

Roger M. wrote:At some point, people are responsible for what they buy, and what they sell.....I'm not sure anybody needs a cop pointing it out to them in the Genii forum.

I agree with you. Thank you.

baabaablacksheep

Postby baabaablacksheep » October 2nd, 2013, 7:06 pm

Roger M. criticizes me for being a cop but at the same time thinks it is OK to be the cop of what is OK and NOT OK to post on a forum. Pretty Ironic.

Stereo or should I say stereobasic, I can fully understand why you would agree. With the shady Tenyo auctions that you put on ebay, you for sure do not want someone pointing them out.

Like a Twister with Damaged Package for $133 when MINT Twisters generally sell for less than $50.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-T-159-Twi ... 35cc4dd48d

All Mint and Not Damaged
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0 ... ld=1&rt=nc

Touché

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 2nd, 2013, 7:21 pm

Mr. blacksheep--please watch what you accuse people of here on the Forum. Stereo is allowed to put up an auction at whatever price he wants. No one is forcing anyone to pay that price.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » October 2nd, 2013, 8:17 pm

No Mr. Sheep, I don't criticize you.

I criticized the pointless and uninvited posting of links to ebay auctions one has a personal problem with.

You, on the other hand, have taken three people in this short thread personally to task with everything from insults, to accusations of misdeeds and outright criminality.

You seem to have an agenda, and have chosen the Genii Forum as the place you're going to act on it.
What is it that you'd like to accomplish, and how might you go about doing it sans the numerous negative personal accusations you've levied against Genii Forum members to date?

Tom Leyland
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Postby Tom Leyland » October 4th, 2013, 6:17 am

On to more pleasant and productive threads. ;)

As a friendly reminder to everyone, please be respectful of one another.

Topic Locked

Return to “Tenyo”