Lubor at Magic Live

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Angelo Carbone

Lubor at Magic Live

Postby Angelo Carbone » August 15th, 2013, 3:37 pm

So Lubor was at Magic Live. What was his lecture/interview like? Any cool tricks?

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Re: Lubor at Magic Live

Postby Joe Mckay » August 15th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Was it similar to the talk given in London a couple of years ago?

I hope Gaetan Bloom was at the convention as well. I love the idea of Bloom and Fiedler hanging out.

Angelo Carbone

Postby Angelo Carbone » August 15th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Yes I believe similar to the talk in London but Mark told me it was tweaked slightly.

Yes Gaetan was there too! I have the Bloom books and the Japan Ingenious book coming my way. What great reading they will be. I only wish I was at Magic Live and hugely regret not going.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » August 15th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Me too. Since we are both in the UK - they should arrive at the same time.

I guess we will living similar lives for the next couple of weeks!

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » August 15th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Labor's presentations at the London Festival of Magic in 2011 weren't particularly illuminating.

In the first, which was the more interesting, he showed many of his inventions, some totally impractical, some extremely practical but all ingenious.

It whetted my appetite for the second presentation which was supposed to be an interview but turned out to a biographical presentation of photographs. I suppose you could say it creatively avoided creativity.

Mark Seducatti had put the bio presentation together and there is no doubt he put in a huge amount of work. But it was supposed to be an interview with Lubor about creativity.

Tom Stone, whose creativity and ingenuity astonishes me, also had a one hour slot that day.The most creative part of Tom's presentation was the questions from the audience and how Tom avoided answering any of them. :-) .

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 16th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Lubor and Mark did a great hour of magic and theory at Magic Live.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » August 17th, 2013, 4:34 am

Q. Kumber wrote:Tom Stone, whose creativity and ingenuity astonishes me, also had a one hour slot that day.The most creative part of Tom's presentation was the questions from the audience and how Tom avoided answering any of them. :-) .

I didn't avoid answering anything - it was just that no one liked or approved the answers I gave. :)

I rejected the formulaic approach (i.e. Trick Brain) to creativity already in the early 1990's. Anyone who ask something and expect (and desire) an answer of a formulaic and procedural nature, will have a difficult time to accept answers which aren't formulaic and procedural.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » August 19th, 2013, 6:12 pm

I have seen Tom lecture three times and can't recall him avoiding any questions. I have always found him open and brilliant. Lubor was amazing, a true living genius. Those of us who got to see him were fortunate, indeed. He kept saying that this was his last trip to America, but he said the same thing at the Magic Castle last year. Perhaps he will be back next year.

Return to “Tenyo”