The Miracle ACAAN // Interesting Story

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Lloyd Barnes

The Miracle ACAAN // Interesting Story

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 8th, 2011, 2:30 am

Hello Everyone,

Before I start, I don't want anyone to think this is advertising. I have a very odd & inspiring story about how I came up with the method for The Miracle ACAAN. I want to share with you that story and hopefully it will inspire you.

TONS have you have been contacting me for months, asking to release my ACAAN. It's available RIGHT NOW at The Miracle ACAAN - Lloyd Barnes

The 2 LIVE performances can also be seen here Performance #1 & #2

An Unusual Story

"This ACAAN came about unlike any other youll have ever read.

January 15th 2011, my Mother collapses on the floor of her works office and momentarily died. Upon resuscitation, she was rushed to hospital and immediately underwent brain surgery. She had suffered a second massive Brain Hemorrhage. (The first had happened weeks before but she shut her self off in her bedroom for days. True.)

Britains leading Brain Surgeon, Dr. B. Simpson (Yes, that is his name, Google him.) sat me down, in a room, closed the door and told me. Lloyd, people hear this everyday but nobody means it as much as myself when I tell you, it is an absolute miracle that your mother has survived this second brain hemorrhage. Never forget that.

Following 2 months in intensive care and two more brain operations, she eventually was allowed to return home. I'd had 2 months of living on my own. I have no other immediate family or father. But, I had a house, a deck of cards and a lot of things that I had to take my mind off.

With that in mind I created this ACAAN. Specifically for my mother. Why? I wanted to get her using her brain, trying to figure things out is brain training. I also wanted her to be involved. Dealing the cards, the process Building dexterity. Most importantly, I wanted to give her astonishment. I wanted to see her face glow with excitement, thrill and joy for the first time in months. I wanted her to feel alive.

I uploaded the video of me performing this for the first time to my Mother on September 7th 2011 and the net went wild for it. The reactions this gets are unlike any other. There was no set up, this is just me showing my Mum a trick for the first time.

Ive honestly had more requests than I can count for this and since its Christmas and me and my Mother are have no money because she cant work right now (obviously) and I have to care for her full time. I thought it would be the perfect time to release it to the world and earn some money. I want to get her a gift this year to show her how much it means to me that shes still here.I call this The Mircale ACAAN not because its the perfect ACAAN but because without the miracle of my Mums survival this ACAAN wouldnt exist.

With all that being said please enjoy The Miracle ACAAN"

The Miracle ACAAN - Lloyd Barnes

Thanks everyone, sorry it's taken so long to get this out. Please feel free to ask any questions (obviously no exposure).

Happy Holidays,

Lloyd Barnes

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Re: The Miracle ACAAN // Interesting Story

Postby jason156 » December 8th, 2011, 1:25 pm

"I don't want anyone to think this is advertising."

Well, thank goodness for that.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 8th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Can you come up with a bigger sob story to sell your product? Has your dog or cat also died?
Jeez.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 8th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Double jeez.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Haha, it's nota sob story to make sales, it's a story people find it interesting and I didn't want to just stick up a typical advert, I wanted people to read this and take something from it. The normal response it's that it's inspiring for people and right now, I've had over 125 emails from people who are just saying thank you for sharing, their going through something similar and this has helped them. At least there is passion behind this project and it's rare these days to see passion behind a product. I thought you guys, here, could respect that more than anyone.

Writing this and developing something from what I went through instead of dealing with it badly has made me stronger and got me through everything. Regardless it makes one sale or 100, I don't care. I know that I've helped people with this. So it doesn't matter if you think I'm trying to make a quick buck with a sob story, because 1. I'm not. 2. I've done something positive for people today. What have you done?

This forum is renowned for being a negative place to be but I'll still persist to see if I can cheer a few of you grumps up :)

Happy holidays!

Lloyd

P.s. Maybe this will make you smile YouTube :: Thank you

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » December 9th, 2011, 12:21 pm

You have to realize that you are dealing with grown-ups here. For people who actually have a heart and care, your "presentation" was disrespectful and in poor taste. You can't pull the strings on the emotions of others and at the same time expect to pull off a quick marketing trick without getting boos from the crowd. Perhaps maybe if you pulled down your cite and copyrights, that money could be put to better use, perhaps helping out your own mother instead of wasting our time as well as yours.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Strong words. I know what you're trying to say, however off the mark you are. Maybe my presentation wasn't to your taste but it got the astonishment feeling instilled within her. Which is paramount. Remember that.

Also, if you read the story, you'll see that it's not an attempt to pull the heart stings, it's actually a positive story, so you shouldn't be feeling sad.

Everything will always get boos, luckily this forum is the only place their coming from.

Assuming that I'm not using this money to help my mother out is wrong and I find it disgusting that you'd even think that, let alone write it. I'm not even going to comment on that anymore because I'll loose my rag and I don't intend on putting anyone in their place.

My time has not been wasted but you are certainly wasting yours by being so god damn pessimistic.

Lloyd

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » December 9th, 2011, 12:46 pm

I would easily have given you $1000 for the cause, but your ACAAN pitch was truly in bad taste. There are better ways to ask for money without pulling on peoples' heart strings. Sorry for the bitter words, but I guess that's all a part of growing up.

I only wish the best for you and your Mum.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Thank you for the apology mate, it's really appreciated.

This, honestly, isn't a pitch for cash, sharing my story on how this ACAAN came about is what comes first but I'm not going to change your mind on that. I don't want to just make money on this but it's certainly helping me pay the rent for her this month.

Happy holidays,

Lloyd

Mark Collier

Postby Mark Collier » December 9th, 2011, 1:05 pm

How can you say this isn't a pitch for cash? Nothing wrong with trying to sell your product but stop saying that isn't what you're trying to do.

You start by saying "Before I start, I don't want anyone to think this is advertising." and then post a link to buy your product. You can't understand how that triggered a lot of [censored] meters?

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Postby jason156 » December 9th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Well, we shouldn't discourage this unusual creative process. I was once inspired to create a 7 phase oil and water effect following my Uncle's gall bladder surgery.

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » December 9th, 2011, 1:12 pm

BAH HUMBUG! ;)

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Mark Collier wrote:How can you say this isn't a pitch for cash? Nothing wrong with trying to sell your product but stop saying that isn't what you're trying to do.

You start by saying "Before I start, I don't want anyone to think this is advertising." and then post a link to buy your product. You can't understand how that triggered a lot of [censored] meters?

I totally agree. I definatly worded it wrong and now I can see how it looks. What I should have said was I don't want "I don't want anyone to think this is directly advertising"

Because, it obviously is an advertisement but I wanted the story I shared to come first and foremost.

Sorry for any confusion.

Lloyd

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 9th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Cool, can we have a maudlin takes competition - see about outdoing the Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth material?

The Square Circle of Pity?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 9th, 2011, 1:29 pm

It's tough to imagine a more crass sales pitch than one predicated on a mother's serious illness.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » December 9th, 2011, 1:47 pm

It's tough to imagine a more crass sales pitch than one predicated on a mother's serious illness.

How 'bout this?

I don't want you to think I'm being manipulative or anything, but if you buy my trick, then I won't drown these kittens:

[img:left]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Laitche-P013.jpg[/img]

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:It's tough to imagine a more crass sales pitch than one predicated on a mother's serious illness.

Agreed. Thank god this is not that.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:I don't want you to think I'm being manipulative or anything, but if you buy my trick, then I won't drown these kittens:

[img:left]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Laitche-P013.jpg[/img]

Hahaha

David Prouty

Postby David Prouty » December 9th, 2011, 2:06 pm

This type of marketing has proved successful in the past...

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 9th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Chris Aguilar wrote:It's tough to imagine a more crass sales pitch than one predicated on a mother's serious illness.

Could have fooled me.

This pitch (and that's what it is) using your mom's illness to move product, is execrable.

No amount of childishly claiming "Nuh Uh, it's not!" is going to change that. Though I can see how perhaps this sort of crass pitch might fly better with the magic cafe crowd.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:
Lloyd Barnes wrote:

Could have fooled me.

This pitch (and that's what it is) using your mom's illness to move product, is execrable.

No amount of childishly claiming "Nuh Uh, it's not!" is going to change that. Though I can see how perhaps this sort of crass pitch might fly better with the magic cafe crowd.

Carry on calling a rabbit a dog, it'll get you far.

Lloyd

Mark Collier

Postby Mark Collier » December 9th, 2011, 2:54 pm

[/quote]

Lloyd[/quote]

You are calling this ACAAN despite that business with the phone.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Mark Collier wrote:

Lloyd[/quote]

You are calling this ACAAN despite that business with the phone. [/quote]
To the audience, that's exactly what is. They chose any card and they chose any number. Not much else to it is there?

Mark Collier

Postby Mark Collier » December 9th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Unless you compare it to an actual ACANN.

Lloyd Barnes

Postby Lloyd Barnes » December 9th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Mark Collier wrote:Unless you compare it to an actual ACANN.

It's my take on the ACAAN plot.

Anyway, too much arrogance and hate here. Even if it was the best trick in the world you pessimists would find something to [censored] on about it. But then again, I should've understood that before posting here. It's well known this board.

I won't be returning again, won't even be checking this page again. anyone who wants to contact me, my email is: lloyd@ltbmagic.com

A side from the few negative nancies, the response has been overwhelmingly brilliant, so thanks to all who've messaged me.

Lloyd

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » December 9th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Lloyd Barnes wrote:Carry on calling a rabbit a dog, it'll get you far.

Lloyd

As expected. "Nuh Uh. It's calling a dog a rabbit. That's not what I'm doing!".

Riiiiiiiiight.

Now pull my other leg.

If you had faith in your product, you wouldn't need the crass sob story to sell it.

If you truly wanted to tell a nice anecdote about the affect of your magic on your mom's illness, I'm sure it could have been done without a link/pitch to a web page designed to sell said product.

You'd already doubled down on the dishonesty here. Care to "Triple-down" and continue to insult this board's collective intelligence?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 9th, 2011, 3:41 pm

We're not overly negative on the Forum, we're just rational humans who THINK about what we're doing and what we post.

While I'm sure there are lots of places you could go on the internet and post a story about your mother's illness immediately followed by "Buy this trick," without people viewing your actions with a critical eye, the Genii Forum is not the place.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 10th, 2011, 10:57 am

Now that he's left the room, this is just one more example of a poor trick floated out there by a kid. His emotional pitch was, to me, shameful.

His mistake was posting it on a board with critical readers, run by a man who wrote the Berglas book, fer crissakes!

Ta ta, young man. Better luck with the toadies on the Green Monster.

Matt Field

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » December 10th, 2011, 11:16 am

Matthew Field wrote:....run by a man who wrote the Berglas book, fer crissakes!

What he said.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » December 10th, 2011, 12:36 pm

I'll post my review of "Miracle ACAAN" in about two weeks.

Yiyong

Postby Yiyong » December 23rd, 2011, 4:36 pm

"the response has been overwhelmingly brilliant,..."

Are those responses from relatives and freinds? Certainly not from RATIONAL (as Richard puts it) human beings.

Please don't insult our inteligence, my brain cannot take your CAAN (not ACAAN) anymore. I'm having a mental breakdown. :eek:

Yiyong

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 23rd, 2011, 4:37 pm

A "mental breakdown" perhaps, but obviously not a communications breakdown.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 24th, 2011, 3:51 am

Yiyong wrote:"the response has been overwhelmingly brilliant,..."

Are those responses from relatives and freinds? Certainly not from RATIONAL (as Richard puts it) human beings.

Please don't insult our inteligence, my brain cannot take your CAAN (not ACAAN) anymore. I'm having a mental breakdown. :eek:

Yiyong

Please, for the love of god, just go back to the magic cafe.

Make it our Christmas present.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 24th, 2011, 11:08 am

My Christmas present: YiYong is going away again. He may reregister with a new name and IP: if so, please let me know.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 24th, 2011, 11:47 am

I have always loved you, Mr Kaufman.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 24th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Jeez ... don't tell everyone.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”