New Lorayne book

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
walkinoats

New Lorayne book

Postby walkinoats » October 18th, 2001, 4:42 am

Are there any plans for a review of the new book by Harry Lorayne "Personal Collection" in Genii Magazine?
Would love to hear more about.

Jon Racherbaumer

Re: New Lorayne book

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » October 18th, 2001, 10:55 am

I talked to Paul Cummins yesterday on the telephone. He called about some credits, but he is almost finished writing his review of Harry's new book...and he waxed enthusiastically about this and that...(mostly that). In short, he is having fun going through it and thoroughly enjoying himself. This, it would seem, is a good sign? My preliminary perusal was also positive. Paul's review will appear in Genii. Watch for it.

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Jon Racherbaumer ]

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 18th, 2001, 1:38 pm

Paul Cummins review will appear in the December issue, off to the printer on Monday.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » October 19th, 2001, 11:00 am

I'm sold ! I just sent my order in to Harry Lorayne for the book. I'm hoping that there will be some left. The "memory, estimation, and slight of hand" effect looks interesting. Does anyone know anything about it?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 19th, 2001, 8:53 pm

The Memory Estimation Sleight trick is one that I've seen Harry use for many years, and which he swore (no bullpoo) that he would never put in print. It is extremely hard to do, but it will fool every magician for whom you perform it ... IF you can perform it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Light From the Lamp”