Tom Stone's e-Books

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Harvey Rosenthal

Tom Stone's e-Books

Postby Harvey Rosenthal » September 17th, 2007, 6:40 am

I would like to mention that I had heard a great deal about Tom Stone's e-books but did not get around to obtaining them until very recently. I decided to get all that are currently available. After spending many hours reading through the material, I was amazed at the tremendous variety of close-up and parlour magic contained within the pages of the books. Being primarily a card and coinman, I found much to make my mouth water. Interestingly, the book that Tom tried to dissuade people from purchasing, "A Bite, My Dear," was especially enjoyable as it contained a number of fine card routines and sleights and other clever magic.

More than 50 years ago Dai Vernon taught me his Ball and Cone routine which was shortly thereafter published in the Vernon Book of Magic. Tom's excellent routine published in "Deserting the Legion" awakened my interest in the Ball and Cone again. As a teenager I was very interested in billiard ball manipulation and haven't done any work with them for longer than I care to remember. After reading Tom's "The Eye of the Last Dragon" I intend to search for my old set of balls.

I can go on and on raving about the material in Tom's e-books but I would only be repeating what other like Matt Field, Peter Duffie and David Regal have already said. If you don't already have all of Tom's e-books, get them right away while they are still available. I assure you that you will be as delighted with the material as I am.
:) :) :)

Re: Tom Stone's e-Books

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Tom Stone THINKS differently than most members of our creative gentry. This does not mean, however, that his stuff is impractical or too strange for average consumption. Quite the contrary. His stuff is MAGICAL.

I once asked him if he could create a magic routine with pineapples. (We had been discussing THE TRICK BRAIN.) He send me two ideas and tricks.

I highly recommend anything by Tom Stone. Harvey is quite right.

Onward...

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2007, 10:36 am

Tom's material is always well thought through, workable and many times thought-provoking.
Besides, he is a very nice guy and very generous with himself, his knowledge and material.

Postby Guest » November 13th, 2007, 2:39 am

Where can I find the material?

Carsten

Postby Guest » November 13th, 2007, 2:57 am

Originally posted by Carsten:
Where can I find the material?
http://shop.tomstone.se

Dave

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 7:03 am

Tom Stone is fantastic - a very talented thinker, performer and graphic artist. His e-books are not to be confused with the standard (non)quality stuff typically seen - they are excellent in content, design and approach. Definitely worth getting. So many good ideas.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”