Palms of Steel 2 is out. Prepare to be Pummelled!

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Curtis Kam

Palms of Steel 2 is out. Prepare to be Pummelled!

Postby Curtis Kam » October 28th, 2002, 5:06 pm

Just a quick announcement for those of you who were nice enough to ask--yes, the nasty rumor is true, "Palms of Steel 2: Fists of Fury" is now available from Magicsmith.

This volume features cutting-edge coinmagic involving the interplay between silver and "Chinese" coins, including the "fingertip wildcoin" sequence and the multiphase routine I use when the stakes are high and the crowd is ugly. When the stakes are low, but the crowd's still just as ugly, I suggest "Nostrildamus", Kainoa Harbottle's repeat "coins from nostrils" sequence that also graces this volume.

And, for those of you that read Reed McClintock's "Knucklebusters" series and decided that the stuff just couldn't be done, he does it here, and he does it extremely well. If you haven't read "Knucklebusters," see this DVD first. The ending of "International Dissolve" will fool you, and the explanation will cause you to pummel yourself.

"Palms 2" promises hours of machochistic fun. If that sounds like a good time, then this is the DVD for you.

Re: Palms of Steel 2 is out. Prepare to be Pummelled!

Postby Guest » October 28th, 2002, 8:05 pm

Curtis:

The video is on my "To Buy" list based on the strength of POS I.

A question, if you don't mind: the write up in the MagicSmith catalog presents the tape as a sort of session between you, Reed, and Kainoa. Was the tape an ad hoc affair, or was it planned in advance? I remember looking forward to POSII after reading some of your posts from this past year, and thought the recording was already in process prior to last summers IBM con.

Any light on the development, background, and content of your tape is appreciated.

-- Randy Campbell

Tim Trono

Postby Tim Trono » October 28th, 2002, 9:10 pm

I was lucky enough to sit in on the performances of this material in San Diego and it is stunning coin material not to be missed. I already sent in my order. STRONGLY recommended!

Tim Trono

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » October 28th, 2002, 9:34 pm

Randy,

I guess the written description is anything but clear, but it sure is exciting!

The material on PoS 2 was planned in advance, but when it was clear that I could get Kainoa to do his stuff live if we shot at the convention, we went for it. Along the way, we thought it would be interesting to capture the "session" feel since it is an exciting atmosphere in which to learn. Also, there are many people who, for one reason or another, never get to experience these cliquish events. I thought they might enjoy being invited into a virtual one.

So the setting seems improvised, but things were pretty well premeditated. I do think Reed and Kainoa got caught up in the moment and tipped some stuff they didn't intend to. (Reed's real work on 4CoPro for instance, does not appear in the "Knucklebusters" description of 4CoPro. It only appears on--sorry--"Palms 3")

When "Palms 1" came out, I mentioned that we had shot the material for "Palms 2". We did. But in the time it took to produce the second tape, my editor switched from analog to digital, DVD's began to replace tapes, and I developed a lot better material than the pieces that we had shot.

So we started over, and what you'll get on "Palms 2 and 3" are routines that I'm doing now. By the time 3 is out, I'll have audience tested the things I'm just developing now, and so it goes.

Thanks for asking. Obviously, I could talk about this all day. But I'd rather let the material do the talking. I hope you like it.

Craig Matsuoka

Postby Craig Matsuoka » October 28th, 2002, 10:01 pm

Sifu Kam,

We have waited in earnest at the temple gates through rain, wind, and bitter chill of night. At long last, we may enter!

We look forward to receiving further instruction from you, "Master Killer". Long live your "Five Fingers of Death"!!!

Craig Matsuoka

Postby Craig Matsuoka » October 28th, 2002, 10:08 pm

Katakana???

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » October 30th, 2002, 4:53 pm

I can't wait to have my POS2, Master Kam!

Return to “Light From the Lamp”