Marvelpiece by Tom Stone

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Tom Stone

Marvelpiece by Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » November 1st, 2007, 12:24 am

Yet another one.
http://shop.tomstone.se

Harvey Rosenthal

Re: Marvelpiece by Tom Stone

Postby Harvey Rosenthal » November 1st, 2007, 2:48 am

I can't wait to add Tom's latest e-book, MARVELPIECE! to my collection of Tom Stone publications. If this latest one is even half as good as the last one, it will no doubt be terrific. :) :) :)

pduffie

Postby pduffie » November 1st, 2007, 1:27 pm

Don't wait any longer, Harvey. A great collection of thought-provoking and entertaining ideas for the mentalist and close-upper. All enhanced by Tom's incredibly good artwork.

Peter

Harvey Rosenthal

Postby Harvey Rosenthal » November 1st, 2007, 5:09 pm

First let me say to my dear friend Peter Duffie that I obtained a copy of Tom Stone's wonderful new e-book MARVELPIECE early this morning and have spent a good part of the day reading the document and trying out of number of the terrific effects that I intend to use which include MENTAL PURSUIT, a very clever close-up routine in the mental genre that is both entertaining and mystifying.

Another effect that particularly caught my fancy is MOOD SWINGS, a sensational presentation for one of my favorite packet tricks: Roy Walton's "CASCADE."

Tom also came up with a very interesting and unusual way to enhance a Wild Coins routine that I know I am going to play with.

I have only scratched the surface of the great material in MARVELPIECE. There are some great routines for those who do platform and stage magic also.

Once again, Tom Stone has shown why his e-books are so popular and sought after. They contain great magic from cover-to-cover. Get your copy right away. You certainly will be as happy as I am that you did.
:) :) :)

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 4th, 2007, 8:02 am

Three of my favorite creative magicians live in Sweden -- Lennart Green, Tomas Blomberg and Tom Stone.

Tom has been issuing a series of e-books recently at the rate of about one a month, and I've got the latest to hand, "Marvelpiece". Unlike some of Tom's other books, this one is filled more with ideas than proven performances pieces, but that does not make it any less interesting.

He's got a mentalism piece based on a quiz show idea that keys different possible question choices made by the spectator to a Gray code, one of my favorite deceptions (see the work of Leo Boudreau for more on this subject). There is a very interesting take on the "Graffiti Wall" concept, with envelopes on a stand -- the third envelope contains all sorts of correctly predicted items. I don't know if this is your thing -- it is definitely a stage item, but it is very clever.

Tommy Wonder had a trick called "Watch in Nest of Boxes" that I don't think too many people perform, since it requires equipment that is quite complex. Tom has taken the necessary device and reworked it. Is it better? I'm not sure. It does require only the push of a button instead of the moving of a lever. I'm not sure there will be a rush to build this, but the thinking by Tom is devious, and looking at the magnificent graphics is most enjoyable.

"Mood Swings" is Tom's take on the Roy Walton classic "Cascade", and this could make for a charming packet trick. And he's got a Russian Roulette trick using six water pistols that is, again, interesting, but I wouldn't soak a spectator myself. And there are a couple more bits and bobs, as they say over here in England.

An enjoyable romp through the mind of a wonderfully "thinking outside the box" magician, and, as always, good stimulation for the brain.

Matt Field

Return to “Light From the Lamp”