Swiss on Gazzo

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Re: Swiss on Gazzo

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2003, 11:25 am

Most of the School for Scoundrels tapes should be out on DVD by early next year.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » September 8th, 2003, 8:57 pm

I hate to get a bit off topic but I have to say the School For Scoundrels products are consistantly some of the best material available. I'm still waiting for your notes on the shells.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2003, 9:37 pm

That's what Chef Anton always says. ;)

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2003, 4:45 pm

Just finished reading Phantoms of The Card Table by Gazzo & Britland. Wonderful! I was glued to this book and could'nt put it down! Thank you Mr. Britland and Gazzo for making this book available to the fraternity.

Roberto

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » October 6th, 2003, 2:49 pm

Images of Vernon performing Walter Scott's second are at http://www.magicana.com/exhibitions/dai.php

I was at Close-Up Clinic with Jamy Ian Swiss and David Ben this weekend (a phenomenal experience and the best investment i've made in magic), and David mentioned that his upcoming Vernon biography will greatly clarify the record on the Scott story (David's new book on his own magic will be out in a matter of weeks, he is also at work on another book which will be VERY interesting (I don't know if he wants the nature of this project to be public yet or not, but let me just say that it will be something very special))

best,

nate.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » November 26th, 2003, 6:39 am

Back to Gazzo ...
I have booked him to lecture/perform at the 2004 Las Vegas Magic Invitational (lvmi.net) next September, so come and watch and make up your own mind ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » November 26th, 2003, 11:16 am

Although I've owned the book for a while, I just started to read Phantoms. I'm enjoying it very much.
I do have one question..I don't know much at all about Gazzo,(except what's been discussed on here,) and would like to know if he's doing a "con" type act/program now. On the flyleaf of the book it mentions a show called "Beat The Cheat". I would be interested in hearing / learning more about him and his act.Thanks in advance and as always,

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2004, 9:15 am

I had the great privilage of seeing Gazzo three years in a row at the Renaissance Fair In Maryland a number of years ago. The first time I watched his cups and balls, he blew me away. True some people could not handle the humor, but it is always there choice to leave. I thought his magic was super and his off the wall comedy was very funny. I have some great photos I did of him and I'll always cherish them. I purchased both VHS tapes from The School of Scoundrels Gazzo on the cups and balls and Gazzo Uncensored. Pretty good stuff. If anyone would like a few photos free, simply email me and I'll be very happy to shoot them to you via email and attachment...Honest no strings attached... Just email me and say so...I have three great shots I did of him while he was performing.

AMCabral

Postby AMCabral » January 9th, 2004, 9:54 am

I saw Gazzo in Boston before I knew he was "Gazzo". I stood there with my girlfriend and we watched him for a bit, and the two of us walked off, leaving a milling crowd of 80 people and said the same thing: "What a jerk."

I told the story to another (lay)friend, and he said, "Oh the British Guy with the hat? Yeah, I've seen him, too. He was cracking on me and I got sick of it, so I left." My friend wasn't a heckler; he wanted to watch the magic. And got royally annoyed at the treatment. And believe you me, my friends and I are by no means genteel, prudish or otherwise delicate.

I later found out he was "Gazzo".

Gazzo is extremely successful. He's also extremely good. He also can offend people. Given.

I absolutely adored the book, and one day would love to actually meet Gazzo and have him beat the [censored] out of me with a deck of cards. Cheers to him, and Mr. Britland, and seja pelas almas to the late Walter Scott.

-Tony Cabral
Providence RI

Return to “Light From the Lamp”