New card mark system ebook now available

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Pete McCabe

New card mark system ebook now available

Postby Pete McCabe » November 27th, 2010, 4:06 am

While I'm waiting for the banner ads to make their way into the rotation, here's an early announcement. I'm releasing an ebook on the card mark system I've been using for the last ten years. It's easyif you can write, you can mark a deck. The marks are dead easy to read and you put them on with a sharpie, so it costs almost nothing.

The 70-page pdf has complete instructions plus 20 really great tricks.
Only $20 at my new website saythemagicwords.com

If you're interested there's a free sample through the link.

Jim Martin

Re: New card mark system ebook now available

Postby Jim Martin » November 27th, 2010, 2:13 pm

This is a gem of a book - a very well thought out system with multiple applications that are a blast. (I never tracked down the necessary inks that are referenced in the Riser 'Feints' book. The materials here are much more easily accessed.)

It is a beautifully produced pdf with several outstanding routines that I look forward to trying out. Additionally there is a running theme of insights to well-crafted magic. Outstanding.

Thanks Pete.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » November 28th, 2010, 10:24 am

This book is a great bargain. Even if you don't use the marking system, the tricks are excellent and, in my opinion, worth the price of the book. With this book, you will have a practical method to mark all of the decks you use, with a small investment in time and negligible cost. The PDF file arrived in less than an day after I ordered, and Pete offers you all future PFD editions of the book for no additional cost. If you are thinking about using a marked deck, you will be very happy with this book.

Edward

Postby Edward » November 28th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Is this legible for people with poor eye sight?

By poor I mean need reading glasses. Can this be seen w/o reading glasses?

Liderc

Postby Liderc » November 29th, 2010, 12:36 am

Only with Bike's then Mate?
Professional PSI, Mentalist, Magician, Shock/Geek Entertainer

Member And Performer At 'The Magic Castle'

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » November 29th, 2010, 3:06 am

Edward,

I wear reading glasses, and it works for me. Do you need glasses to read but perform without glasses or contacts? If so, I suspect you'll have trouble reading the marks. For size comparison only, the marks are a bit larger than those in a Ted Lesley or Boris Wild deck.

Liderc,

The system is specific to the Bicycle Rider back design. You could take the basic idea and adapt it to (many) other back designs, but you'd have to work it out. You'll still get the 20 or so tricks, which will work with other marking systems, but you might not feel you got your money's worth from the pdf if you need something to work with a different back design. But who can put a price on inspiration? In this case, twenty bucks.

Alan M

Postby Alan M » December 3rd, 2010, 11:56 pm

Hey Pete,
Is your marking system intended for blue cards as well as red? I wondered because I saw the picture on your site of the red deck and red sharpie and thought perhaps it doesn't work equally as well for both colors. Thanks,
Alan

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » December 4th, 2010, 1:46 am

Alan,

Both work great. A few years back Sharpie introduced a Navy colored marker, which matches Blue Bikes even better than the original Blue marker did. The Red has always been spot on.

Pete

Return to “Light From the Lamp”