Leven's ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE MISER'S DREAM

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Tom Bennett

Leven's ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE MISER'S DREAM

Postby Tom Bennett » December 19th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Hi,

I just posted a review on Levent's Ultimate Guide to the MISER'S DREAN DVDs on my blog
http://escamoteur.de/wordpress/index.php/2009/12/review-levent's-ultimate-guide-to-the-miser's-dream/

Enjoy and spread the word!
Tom
Check out my magic blog www.escamoteur.de

Mark.Lewis

Re: Leven's ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE MISER'S DREAM

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 19th, 2009, 6:34 pm

I liked his Roy Benson book so I suppose I would probably like this DVD also. He seems an experienced performer and he is getting good reaction from the audience which either makes me think there are a hell of a lot of people there which always makes things seem more reactive than they really are or perhaps he is actually good. I have no way of knowing without being there.

However I do wonder about the wisdom of forays into the audience even with good lighting. It always means a loss of attention for a lot of people who plain can't see what is going on. I hate it when performers leave the stage.

I also wish he would slow down a bit. I can't make out what the hell he is saying. In fact until I saw the explanation clip I didn't realise he was American. I thought he had a Dutch accent.
Of course I have always been slightly deaf but then I am not the only one like that in an audience. Performers need to speak clearly and distinctly.

Not that I am the critical type of course................

wkitwizard

Postby wkitwizard » December 10th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Excellent reference to a crowd-pleasing effect! The details into which he explains EVERYTHING anyone could possibly want to know about the coins, buckets, gaffs, etc. is outstanding. A wealth of knowledge.

JR Russell

Postby JR Russell » December 15th, 2010, 8:59 am

I was amazed at the attention to detail and the research that went into this project. Outstanding resource!
JR Russell
"Fly Navy"

Doc Eason

Postby Doc Eason » December 15th, 2010, 2:34 pm

I had the opportunity of seeing Levent perform and lecture at MITR last Sept. I consider it to be the high point of the convention. His misers dream bucket was a wonderful combination of James Bond's Q and Macgyver... absolutely brilliant. The dvd set was encyclopedic in it's depth. A true scholar who is also able to perform. Simply brilliant.
Doc Eason
www.doceason.com
www.doceasonmagicshop.com

John Signa

Postby John Signa » December 15th, 2010, 5:38 pm

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to organize a lecture by Levent for area magicians and then on the next day a show for company employees. It was fantastic being able to stand in the back of the auditorium and see him apply/perform what he talked about in front of a real audience. Even though I don't do billiard balls or Miser's Dream, I learned more about performing than in almost any other lecture as well as getting a deep appreciation for Levent's skills. To this day I still get comments from coworkers about how they enjoyed Levent.

J-Mac

Postby J-Mac » January 28th, 2011, 12:28 am

I just received this as a birthday gift from my wife and it is definitely one of the absolute best instructional DVD sets I have seen. The detail is unmatched; he covers literally every aspect of this time honored routine.

Jim

Return to “Light From the Lamp”