Flash paper Igniter

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Steve Cobb

Flash paper Igniter

Postby Steve Cobb » March 15th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Good Day! I am looking to buy a AAA penlight igniter that can light flashpaper. I purchased one a few years ago, but I forgot where I bought it. The device looks exactly like a penlight flashlight and uses 2 AAA batteries; when you push the button at the top there is a little heating element at the bottom that glows red. It is not a glow plug, but a little heating element consisting of two spring like toaster elements. Any help would be appreciated! :sick:

Mats Kjellstrom
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Re: Flash paper Igniter

Postby Mats Kjellstrom » March 16th, 2009, 3:07 am

Steve Cobb

Postby Steve Cobb » March 16th, 2009, 1:19 pm

Thanks! but that is not it; Again it looks exactly like a penlight flashlight. The Pyrofreak 2.0 is something completely different. It appears that the Pyrofreak is hidden in someway.

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » March 16th, 2009, 3:57 pm

I don't think this is it but it might suit your purposes. Jim Pace's Igniter

Talbot

Postby Talbot » March 17th, 2009, 1:32 pm

I believe what you are looking for is called "The Pen" and is available at www.ahouseoffire.com

This is a roller ball style pen with an ignitor built in it. Simply touch the end of the pen to the flash paper to ignite it. The pen resembles a small penlight flashlight.

I have another version built into a Pilot "click" style pen that works very well but is no longer available. Hope that helps.
Talbot

Return to “Light From the Lamp”