Has John Bannon been featured on the cover of Genii? Or even a feature on him?

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
PickaCard

Has John Bannon been featured on the cover of Genii? Or even a feature on him?

Postby PickaCard » December 24th, 2023, 4:03 pm

I have been spending some time organizing and bagging my 30+ year collection of Genii magazines and I cannot find, or remember, seeing John Bannon featured on the cover of the magazine.

John's column Dealing With It is in my opinion, the best column in Genii. I think John is entering his 7th year.

Many, many of the cover stories no longer capture my attention. I know I would read a feature on, arguably, the greatest creator of card magic of the 21st Century. In my opinion, there is no magician alive that contributes to the art of card magic - that is actually being performed by hobbyist - more than John Bannon. There was the school of Vernon, Marlo, and I would put Bannon up there as well.

If I missed his cover, than forgive the following: I cannot fathom why John Bannon has not graced the cover of Genii magazine and I see it as a huge oversight.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Has John Bannon been featured on the cover of Genii? Or even a feature on him?

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 24th, 2023, 8:20 pm

John has not been featured yet, though I've been trying to arrange that for several years.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Philippe Billot

Re: Has John Bannon been featured on the cover of Genii? Or even a feature on him?

Postby Philippe Billot » December 25th, 2023, 3:16 am

John is on the cover of Magic, vol. 21, no 6, february 2012.

Return to “Columns”