Clever Pendragon Presentation Tip

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
P.T.Widdle

Clever Pendragon Presentation Tip

Postby P.T.Widdle » February 2nd, 2016, 9:43 am

I loved Jonathan Pendragon's brilliant idea of the wormhole presentation for the "Pen Through Bill," at the end of his Panmagium piece (in the Feb 2016 issue).

And I also loved that he taught the trick to his friend.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Clever Pendragon Presentation Tip

Postby Q. Kumber » February 3rd, 2016, 4:23 am

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » February 3rd, 2016, 4:43 am

Proof that regardless of the kind of magic one does, reading Jonathan's column can be quite helpful. Yes, he is a stage illusionist, but he often dabbles in asides and anecdotes that reveal more about the performance of magic than one might expect. I don't believe it's by accident.

Jonathan Pendragon

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » April 4th, 2016, 4:22 am

I presented it last night. I had never worked out a specific routine as I was considering the genre, only the quintessential moment of the pen gong through the folded paper. Last night I worked out an end based on data collected earlier. First, find out through clever repartee if they're a "Trekker" or, I don't even know what Star Wars fans call themselves. Once this is determined, your ending is modified thus: Star Wars Fans - "See, now you're stuck with a hole in the bill, did I mention - a Federal offense hole in the bill. So, you punch it into hyperspace. (Nothing happens on first try) It's not my fault! (Then, the pen moves free of the bill) Droids....." Star Trek Fans - "See, now you're stuck with a hole in the bill, did I mention - a Federal offense hole in the bill, so you take it too warp one, (whatever, nothing happens until you crush a napkin, bar or whatever and reach at the penetration point producing crushed napkin and saying), "Tribbles, they get everywhere." Toss the pest and the pen pulls through.

Return to “Columns”