Rick Johnsson

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Rick Johnsson

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Thanks, guys for all of your feedback. I am glad that someone else remembers the LIDS routine.Like I said, I used to do this routine in the 80,s. As a mater of fact I did the rountine on television in Lake Charles,La.on KPLC TV.I worked on it so much.I think that I mastered it better than Rick.I stopped doing magic for about 10 YEARS. Lost all of my props.But now I am back. THANKS AGAIN.

p.s. I will look into all that you have said.

Re: Rick Johnsson

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 9:39 pm

Welcome back, we all come back sooner or later.

Re: Rick Johnsson

Postby Guest » December 31st, 2004, 8:00 am

OMG! I forgot all about the lids routine--I, too did this regularly as a teen trixter. It's funny; just recently I've been thinking that sometimes learning magic works on the Peter Principle (a person rises to the level of his or her own incompetence)and that all the fancy-schmancy stuff you learn to do is sometimes nowhere near as powerful as the material you performed when you were first starting out (e.g., saltshaker through the table, scotch & soda, hypnotizing a broom.) The lids routine always killed--every bit as effective as a chop cup or cups and balls routine. Yeah, you needed to be seated (I only know Johnsonn's routine)but still...what an effect! It's one of those things that make me wonder why the hell I ever stopped doing it. Guess I'll be raiding the supermarket tonight. Thanks for reminding me!

Return to “Columns”