Genii this month

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Genii this month

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2008, 10:41 am

I see that this feature is being eliminated.
I guess Mr. Kaufman did not get enough positive feedback from the readers. I actually enjoyed it very much and i am going to miss it.

For the record, I really enjoy the Harry Lorayne column (Hidden Gems). I hope it continues for
a long time.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Genii this month

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 5th, 2008, 12:41 pm

We got NO feedback on "Genii this Month," or what we called the "Calendar." It was a lot of work for Jim Steinmeyer, and without any feedback we assumed that very few read it or cared about it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.

The Lorayne column should continue through the middle of 2008.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2008, 5:52 pm

I read it every month, and enjoyed it. I should have told you so, and will miss it.

Also missed: Dawes' "Rich Cabinet of Magical Curiosities".

Genii does a great job with magic's "current events"; both of these features gave us some history.

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Maybe after Harry's run you can do another Harkey for a Year. j/k

Seriously though, who would take his place?

Donny

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » January 6th, 2008, 9:21 pm

I enjoyed it, as well. I hope you'll do everything possible to continue the columns by Harry and Al Cohen. These are gems that I would hate to see come to an end.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2008, 7:28 am

Not only did I read it, I became dependent on it for events, history and trivia along with Genii Speaks and On the Slant. I also enjoy Language of Illusion.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2008, 10:30 am

I loved Jim's column. Shame to see it go. I'm not surprised it was a lot of work -- that's what made it so great.

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2008, 2:02 pm

I really enjoyed "Genii This Month" as well and I kick myself for not giving positive feed-back on this feature before it's too late. :(

I guess that many of the small stories could have made it into full-blown articles as well - I would have loved to learn more about the story behind the Gerwitz patent on the dental dam coin trick.

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » January 8th, 2008, 5:16 pm

I just started subscribing, but I enjoyed that column, too. (I enjoy the whole magazine!)

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2008, 7:10 pm

I finally broke down and ordered my subscription today as well. Tired of missing issues because I was to late getting to the brick and mortar. RK thanks to you and your staff the lady who took my info was very nice and extremely helpful. Scott B.

Return to “Columns”