Fine Art of Bio Writing

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.

Fine Art of Bio Writing

Postby Guest » February 12th, 2002, 7:49 am

I seem to keep going back to the Mac King issue (Jan. 2002) and since this Forum section seems to be quiet, I thought I'd bring up a column that may have been overshadowed by the great coverage of Mac. David Acer wrote a really great piece on something that has always been difficult for me, Bio Writing. Having to do one's own promotional material is a necessary evil for most of us, and it is certainly not as fun as practicing or performing. David did a great job, through the use of many examples, of giving us several different angles to explore in writing an interesting and entertaining bio. The article is laid out in a way that actually gives us exercises to try out, to see what works best for us, and to get our creative juices flowing. It's a cliche now, but he got me to "think outside the box," to look at my bio in a way I never would have thought to look at it. In a recent post on the Forum, someone asked about why there isn't more practical information in Genii for professionals. For me, this was one of the most practical and helpful columns I've ever seen in any magic magazine. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Mark

Return to “Columns”