The Genii Session: Roberto Giobbi's Pinetti

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
Robert Kane

The Genii Session: Roberto Giobbi's Pinetti

Postby Robert Kane » July 16th, 2003, 9:38 pm

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the Genii Session articles by Roberto Giobbi. His articles are not only rich in educational information, but more importantly they are approachable and easy to understand.

The July article about Pinetti's Prediction is a wonderful example of the ideal I described above and I am thankful to Mr. Giobbi for offering a variety of technique suggestions in order to enable both advanced and average-skilled magicians to study and learn this wonderful effect. For me, this feels like a refreshing change in comparison to many of the effects regularly offered in the magic press that often contain difficult and highly idiosyncratic handlings.

In addition, I love the historical anecdotes and presentational suggestions provided by Mr. Giobbi. Again, this gives his articles a deliciously rich and interesting feel without being too heavy with historical minutia.

Please keep this wonderful material coming. We are blessed to have it and it is one of the main reasons why I buy Genii Magazine. :)

Re: The Genii Session: Roberto Giobbi's Pinetti

Postby Guest » July 16th, 2003, 11:31 pm

100% agree.
Reading his books or articles one gets the impression that Mr. Giobbi actually wants you to learn something! Great teacher and philosopher.
A++++

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 17th, 2003, 8:32 am

Roberto is actively seeking suggestions from all of YOU about what you would like to see him discuss in upcoming installments of "The Genii Session." Please list your ideas here or e-mail them to me and I'll forward them to him.
Thanks!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » July 18th, 2003, 6:35 am

An idea.
Since I have four volumes of Roberto Giobbi's Card College, what I would like to read is perhaps some kind of commentary, new ideas, addition to, new takes and thoughts that Mr. Giobbi may have had since publishing his books. Kind of a companion to his CC in a form of a magazine articles. Don't get me wrong, his books are as complete as you can possibly immagine, but knowing that German edition was out there for I think about 9 years there may be some new ideas that Mr. Giobbi would like to share.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » August 6th, 2003, 6:33 pm

Roberto was my host and translator for my lecture in Basel, Switzerland and I enjoyed the time we spent talking and doing magic ... after my lecture at dinner, I prevailed upon him to do a card effect and his card handling is a thing of beauty ... Card College is a must have if you are interested in doing card magic and not just tricks ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Return to “Columns”