Aaron Fisher in Nov. Genii

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Aaron Fisher in Nov. Genii

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 25th, 2009, 6:37 pm

With all the hoopla over all the great Roberto Giobbi material in the November Genii, I want to call your attention to Aaron Fishers columnTension, Focus, and Design in Card Magicthis month. The effect he teaches, Rock N Rye, is technically simple and is a great effect. (For me, it leads perfectly into a Color Change flurry that Ive done for a long time.) It also teaches a very nice bit of audience management/misdirection. Dont pass it by!

Dustin

Huggie

Re: Aaron Fisher in Nov. Genii

Postby Huggie » October 26th, 2009, 6:47 am

I agree with Dustin, the Aaron Fisher article is outstanding.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » October 26th, 2009, 3:05 pm

I've liked them all. I hope he continues the column in the future!

John Locke

Postby John Locke » November 16th, 2009, 10:47 am

I enjoy Aaron's columns. November's Rock N'Rye was clever and simple. It suggests ways to make a prediction as well as find a named card. (It could be any named card and not just one of four.) Here is an ultra easy method for a woman participant where you hope she will name the Queen of Hearts. The force card is on the top of the face down deck with a left pinky break held beneath. Undercut the bottom half face up on top and allow it to merge with the force card. Undercut the bottom half and turn it face up UNDER the top half. The deck is face up. Spread it, holding a break below the force card. Push over a small block as you come to it, hiding the face down force card. Continue to show the bottom half. The force card can now be revealed reversed in the centre of the the deck.

Return to “Columns”