Geoffrey Latta

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
Terry

Re: Geoffrey Latta

Postby Terry » March 5th, 2009, 5:41 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:I think that piling on Jamy because of an obit he wrote is in quite poor taste. You may not like him, or what he writes, but aren't there more appropriate threads to write about it rather than the one in which he grieves for a dead friend?

Richard,

For some people if you were to hand them a bar of gold, they'd bitch it wasn't shiny enough.

If anyone has a personal issue with someone, why hide behind your keyboard? Look them up, grow a set and deal with it face to face.

Mike Rubinstein

Postby Mike Rubinstein » March 5th, 2009, 8:35 pm

One might want to compare Geoff's performance of CopSilBrass from the NYCMS DVD vol 2 (circa 2006?), with the vintage 1983 performance of the same effect we put on the NEW set of NYCMS DVD's - its on volume 8. You can see the difference in how the young Latta performed his magic then - it should give you a better idea of what he was able to do with coins when he was in his prime, as compared to his later years.

D. Andrus

Postby D. Andrus » March 5th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Believe me this isn't worth starting a new thread. By the way, not everybody that is tough comes from Kentucky. I had my face to face years ago and it is Jamy who continually hides behind the pen with everyone he criticizes.

This may surprise you, but I look forward to purchasing the Minch books on Geoff Latta when available. Although, we all know that we must be reminded by Jamy that Richard orignally had the project before handing it over to Minch. Got to hand it to Jamy.....kiss up to the boss.

I just think there are plenty of better reviewers of books and dvds out there. The transparent hidden agendas are also becoming tired. I am done with the piling on.....promise.

P.S. - Who is Matt Field?

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » March 6th, 2009, 5:24 am

D. Andrus wrote:P.S. - Who is Matt Field?

A kid from the Bronx.

Matt Field

Cugel

Postby Cugel » March 6th, 2009, 5:45 am

And yet another romance blossoms online. Sigh.

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » March 6th, 2009, 9:13 am

D. Andrus wrote:The transparent hidden agendas are also becoming tired. I am done with the piling on.....promise.

O irony, where is thy sting?

John

Don Knox
Favorite Magician: John Carney, Whit "Pop" Haydn, Eugene Burger

Postby Don Knox » March 6th, 2009, 10:38 am

[quote="D. Andrus"] The transparent hidden agendas are also becoming tired. I am done with the piling on.....[quote]

Late again . . . Is this the T.S. Eliot class?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 6th, 2009, 10:55 am

Okay. I think we're done here.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Columns”