DA Ortiz ala Carte!

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
timbrown
Favorite Magician: Frank Garcia

DA Ortiz ala Carte!

Postby timbrown » January 30th, 2017, 2:01 pm

THE FOURTH COINCIDENCE in the February 2017 issue is an excellent effect and in my opinion well worth the cost for the issue. I was really fooled when I watched the video and when I read the explanation I was completely convinced that this would be a great one to perform. This one will go straight into my repertoire. This is the kind of stuff that I love to do ...."hands off" the deck ..... minimum spectator management .... minimal sleights and maximum entertainment. Thank you Dani for sharing this with us! And thank you Genii Magazine for giving us yet another great one!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: DA Ortiz ala Carte!

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 30th, 2017, 2:51 pm

It's really good, isn't it? I hope you note the differences between the written description and Dani's performance--that's typical of the loose way in which he does his material.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

cekay
Favorite Magician: Roberto Giobbi

Postby cekay » January 30th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

the performance in the video is also unbelievable. I'm still trying to reconstruct some of the sleights Dani is using.

Did anyone recognive what kind of method he is using for the top stock control at the very beginning? It's so convincing.

timbrown
Favorite Magician: Frank Garcia

Postby timbrown » January 30th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:It's really good, isn't it? I hope you note the differences between the written description and Dani's performance--that's typical of the loose way in which he does his material.

Yes - I like the "carefree" way that he sets up the deck. Very good and it removes any chance of suspicion while keeping the attention on the deck. And the way that he snaps the matching cards as he displays them is brilliant. This guy is really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Magicana”