"The Hole Trick" in July Issue - Audio Transcription?

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
cekay
Favorite Magician: Roberto Giobbi

"The Hole Trick" in July Issue - Audio Transcription?

Postby cekay » August 2nd, 2016, 3:35 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm practicing the effect "The Hole Trick" by Christophe Fouquet descriped in the July issue of Magicana, because I loved it the first time I saw it.

While the description in Genii and the performance in the video is really good, I have a very hard time to understand what Christophe says during his performance. Since it seems to be vital for his timing, I want to understand that part better.

Especially the part after he shows the second card he says something while he points on the "three remaining slots" on the table with his right hand (at the same time he drops the second card on his table with his left hand). The sequence begins at 7:28 in the video. Does anyone understand what he says there?

The same thing with the the third card, right before he drops it on the table. He seems to ask his audience something I can't understand. (7:37-7:39 in the video)

Does anyone here can help a non-native speaker out? :)

Kind Regards,
CK

cfouquet
Favorite Magician: Larry Jennings

Re: "The Hole Trick" in July Issue - Audio Transcription?

Postby cfouquet » August 22nd, 2016, 10:18 pm

Hello,

This is Christophe here. Sorry the audio is not very good.
I had a simple patter. For the second card I just said "We are going for all 4, Paul" .
Just a small "dare" to have fun with Paul...
Then I think I say "Ready for the next one".
Obviously not a very creative patter.
I have a video from "above" here
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMUNsXby8sXjpzNAr66lz26NFkDkhvHhMwE1X8ia9vHY2BkgHWGABbWEuLB1vYAvA/photo/AF1QipP5rrfUORxycD0Azwjwk4jCkP3Co-40acUHHM-d?key=TGQydEk0RUhzZnhSbDhCX3RxOVdzUHBZYmQ0SzZ3

that may help.

If you want to discuss this further contact me at christophefouquet@yahoo.com or on Skype at christophe.fouquet

I am on jury duty this week. Will try to answer when I can

CF

cekay
Favorite Magician: Roberto Giobbi

Postby cekay » August 23rd, 2016, 6:21 am

Hi Christophe,

thanks for your advice and the additional video! I think that's more than enough information for me. Did not expect a personal response from the original author. :)

Good luck with your jury duty!

CK

cfouquet
Favorite Magician: Larry Jennings

Postby cfouquet » August 23rd, 2016, 8:34 pm

One additional tip on this.
In the description, Andi states to color the black holes on the cards.
I found that coloring a piece of paper and gluing it on the card provides a better illusion.
It all depends on the mat you are using.

Also,,,,,

At the end of the trick, all the cards are face up. To clean up, slide one real one card on top of a fake one. Repeat for the other pair.
Then push the 2 pairs together making sure one real whole card makes it to the top.
This is a good convincer. Everything looks as it should. You can then cover the 'whole' and pocket the cards.
You fool yourself really during the clean up.

Have fun

Return to “Magicana”