Jim Bob

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Scott M.

Jim Bob

Postby Scott M. » July 19th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Am I the only person having a problem with this trick described in the August issue of Genii? I can think of ways to correct what I think is a mistake in the explanation, but they are not very elegant. Am I just reading this wrong, or does Doug do it another way?

(At least the way I am reading it, the final card turned over is not the selection.)

Andi

Re: Jim Bob

Postby Andi » July 20th, 2014, 4:43 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reading the trick and sorry for the confusion. The write-up is correct, but I think I could have been clearer about how the selection is handled to clarify that the selection is actually switched along the way.

After the selection is made, it is placed face down on the table sight unseen. And therefore, picking up at the penultimate paragraph in the description, when you show the apparent selection, it has actually been switched for one of its mates. As the initial selection is never seen, the audience is not aware of the switch.

I should also clarify that you should remember the second card from the top and [em]not[/em] the first.

To ensure that all readers are aware, I will clarify all of this in an upcoming video column that I will be recording for a future Magicana.

Thanks!

--Andi

Scott M.

Postby Scott M. » July 20th, 2014, 9:15 am

Thanks, Andi, for responding. That was exactly my confusion. Very nice trick!

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 20th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Andi wrote:.

To ensure that all readers are aware, I will clarify all of this in an upcoming video column that I will be recording for a future Magicana.

Thanks!

--Andi

I really look forward to your video column. Will it contain video demos of all the effects in that months magicana?

Andi

Postby Andi » July 21st, 2014, 5:13 pm

Chris Aguilar wrote:I really look forward to your video column. Will it contain video demos of all the effects in that months magicana?

That would be quite the undertaking. But all will be revealed soon.

--Andi

HanselKreutzberger

Postby HanselKreutzberger » September 10th, 2016, 4:43 am

Hope you like it !

https://youtu.be/wsOYL51kn3Y

-Hansel

Return to “Magicana”