Video of Cameron Francis's "Reswindled Again"

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
David Acer

Video of Cameron Francis's "Reswindled Again"

Postby David Acer » April 30th, 2012, 5:15 pm

It's deadline day for taxes here in Canada and I just finished dealing with that, so now I can move on to more enjoyable things! Pertaining to the May, 2012 issue of Genii, re: Magicana, page 43, line 12, here's a video of Cameron Francis performing his packet trick, "Reswindled Again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UM_nsKhHu4
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Niko Vidal

Re: Video of Cameron Francis's "Reswindled Again"

Postby Niko Vidal » August 2nd, 2012, 4:46 pm

hello, first time i post here, im from Chile and i apologize if i have mistakes writing here...

let me ask you... did is cameron do a demostration for the trick?
i ask beacause i think the video had too many manipulation mistakes, like elmsley count, and the general idea of the effect.
is so confuse to see.
my regards
Nicols

Donhdunn

Postby Donhdunn » August 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum from just another magic-maker. And do not apologize for your English. If we Americans could speak even a bit of another language, we'd be quite happy. Not sure why you see "mistakes" in the routine or are confused by it. The magicians evidently puts four kings on the table and shows four black spot cards in his hand. Then, one by one, the kings magically exchange themselves for the spot cards so he then has four kings in his hand. The spectator, thinking there are now four black spot cards on the table, is stunned to see they have turned into aces. And it looks like only an Elmsley count is used in the routine. Learn it and you can stun the crowd, too.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » August 3rd, 2012, 3:00 pm

IMHO, the primary weaknesses in this version of the Wiles routine is the neccessity to eliminate the first magical transposition, and giving up the stronger ending of the original (i.e., the immediate transformation of a packet just shown to be kings to 4 aces). The primary benefit of Francis' routine is the ability to end clean with 4 aces on the table.

When it comes to Reset routines, I think Jim Swain's and Stephen Hobbs are top rank.

That said, Francis' routine is still a very nice routine and worth studying.

terrillfischer
Favorite Magician: John Carey

Postby terrillfischer » October 9th, 2015, 6:25 pm

I finally went and learned it in Moment's Notice 6. I love it. I still love doing Wiles version the best. But I like ending clean in Cameron's version.

Return to “Magicana”