Triangulation

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
KenAbbott

Triangulation

Postby KenAbbott » November 21st, 2005, 9:59 am

I am really enjoying performing Triangulation. Although there are probably more transformations than the usual copper/silver routine, I think the plot and changes are so logical that it is much less confusing than most copper/silver routines.

If you can handle the palm changes well, this routine packs a lot of visual magic into a relatively short routine.

David Acer

Re: Triangulation

Postby David Acer » November 21st, 2005, 1:41 pm

Palm Changes are tricky to execute invisibly, not so much as a result of being technically demanding, but moreso because, like so many coin moves, they must be integrated into your natural body language. I can tell you that, when Camille Gastine performs "Triangulation," there is never any sense that coins are being switched. They just seem to change, either in transit or at his fingertips.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 21st, 2005, 2:10 pm

Originally posted by David Acer:
...I can tell you that, when Camille Gastine performs "Triangulation," there is never any sense that coins are being switched. They just seem to change, either in transit or at his fingertips.
Now that's the sort of recommendation for performer and a coin routine that counts. What is this routine and where can it be found?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

David Acer

Postby David Acer » November 21st, 2005, 3:11 pm

Hi Jonathan,

It's the first trick in the December Magicana - a very pretty three-coin copper/silver routine in which all three coins (two silver and one copper) are placed on the table in a triangle formation, whereupon the copper coin basically works its way around the triangle via a series of changes and transpositions, leading up to an interesting climax.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

KenAbbott

Postby KenAbbott » November 22nd, 2005, 5:28 am

During my mirror work, I have found that you need to begin the palm change as your dirty hand goes behind the hand with the copper/silver coin. Also, a light open touch rather than closing the hands into a tight fist looks more natural.

Postby Guest » December 26th, 2005, 8:28 pm

I just can't seem to do the palm change sitting down! Finally today while messing around I found I can do it without the talking if I'm standing. The only problem is my hand has to drop to my side. I'll get it. It's just driving me nuts right now!

Return to “Magicana”