Burgoon's Balloons

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
David Acer

Burgoon's Balloons

Postby David Acer » October 22nd, 2006, 10:09 am

Whatever you do, don't pass over Burgoon's Balloons in this month's Magicana (November, 2006). It's a great stand-up routine with animal balloons that Tom uses for both kids and adults (I'm told there's less swearing in the kids version).
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Steve Snediker

Re: Burgoon's Balloons

Postby Steve Snediker » October 26th, 2006, 4:33 am

But David -- there's no pictures, no co-packed DVD, just words... How am I supposed to figure out this routine?

Actually, I saw Tom do this at the Eureka Springs Cavalcade of Magic a few springs ago and it really was hilarious. By the time, Tom did the balloon routine we were already laughing so hard it hurt -- the balloon bit just killed -- especially the spectator.

When I add some balloon animals to the end of a birthday show, I will use the change bag and allow each kid to pick their balloon from it. I've already pegged the "tough guys" in the crowd so they get the treatment. Too bad I can't do balloon animals.

Hey David -- how about a pictureless, DVD-less section on balloon twisting. Something simple like a life sized Darth Vader or Pam Anderson?

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2006, 7:35 am

Especially wonderful column in November issue, David. I just read it last night.

I will try all the effects in there at some point. In addition to the Balloons, the Cellular Production and the J.K Hartman variation on "World" rate high on the "suprise/practice" ratio.

Arnie

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2006, 7:54 am

Hey David,

While I liked the balloon trick, I LOVED your cell phone production! Thank you for putting it in print.

Mark

David Acer

Postby David Acer » November 7th, 2006, 7:47 pm

My pleasure - Richard made me an offer I couldn't refuse. (five dollars)
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Return to “Magicana”