DESIGN DUPLICATION

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.
Andrew

DESIGN DUPLICATION

Postby Andrew » December 19th, 2004, 8:40 am

Merry Christmas,
My Christmas wish is to find a no-frills, real-time, business-card-usen design duplication. I do not want to touch the spectator's drawing. I don't want to use "psychological principles." I have some ideas I've been working on a long time: including billet switches, p****t w******. Please help me find some literature with some techniques and a routine or two.
fib

Kent Blackmore

Re: DESIGN DUPLICATION

Postby Kent Blackmore » December 19th, 2004, 2:43 pm

John Cornelius' "Thought Transmitter" prop. Business card is put in a card wallet, so you don't touch the card, though you must briefly hold the wallet.

Banachek's latest DVD set from L&L has a business card design duplication/divination. Not a clean method though, you hold the packet with the the design. Angly.

Bob Cassidy's 'Test of the White Dwarf' from his Art of Mentalism Volume1. Card goes inside two envelopes, you don't need to touch the card. More suited to larger cards, but you could do it in business-card size.

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » December 20th, 2004, 6:52 am

Hi Andy,

Four things:
1. This should have been posted under Mentalism.
2. If it weren't for "psychological principles," there would be no magic or mentalism. Or audiences.
3. Please read all of Corinda's 13 Steps -- the two techniques that you mentioned tell me that there are many other basic mentalism techniques that you haven't considered or tried.
4. After that, you'll want to take a look at Busch's Peek Performances.

Happy Holidays,
Neil Tobin
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2004, 1:43 am

Andy,

You could do all that, or pick up the SM Document ;-)

Jokes aside, I too recommend the Bob Cassidy method. Also, I think there were some in Stunners Plus, and MIND. Will have to go back to those books, to confirm...

Nakul

gfajuri

Postby gfajuri » December 22nd, 2004, 7:06 am

As an FYI, there is a clever, easy-to-do method in Sankey Unleashed. And you don't have to buy anything to do it!

Sorry, but I have to plug my own publications on occasion.

Gabe Fajuri

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2004, 12:40 am

Osterlinds Essays has the best back 2 back drawing duplication I've seen, and it fits the bill(et).

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2005, 6:27 am

There is a great wallet for this particular effect with business cards that I think is killer and have gotten a ton of use out of and that is Mark Strivings little black wallet. Forgive me I have forgotten the name of it as I type this. Perhaps someone here remember the name of it. If not I will get back to you on the name of it. I just have to say however that it is really worth looking for and using.
Reed

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » January 8th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Hey Reed,

I agree that Mark's wallet(called SUC Sight Unseen Case) gets the job done ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » December 16th, 2005, 7:29 am

The SUC is great for small design duplications.
Shame it's so rare now.
Piers.

Return to “Magicana”