SAM Convention 2016 - Indianapolis

Dal Sanders

SAM Convention 2016 - Indianapolis

Postby Dal Sanders » April 28th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Breaking News: Mega-Illusionist, Franz Harary has been added to the massive list of talent at The Society of American Magicians Convention in Indianapolis July 13-16, 2016. As announced this week in M-U-M, the Society’s monthly publication, Mr. Harary will be presenting a rare North American lecture appearance.

Join Franz and the rest of the cast: David Kapland, Christopher Hart, Mike Caveney, Tina Lenert, Harrison Greenbaum, Joe Rindfleisch, David Corsaro, Will Fern, Kevin Bethea, Meir Yedid, Rocco, Keith Stickley, Stuart McDonald, Gene Anderson, Keith Fields, Greg Irwin, Bruce Kalver, Martin Cox, Michael DuBois & Viktoria Grimmy, Kevin Heller, and Convention Honoree Stan Allen. Plus the Stars of Tomorrow, S.A.M. Contest of Magic, Magic Lecture Showcase, Table-Hoppers Championship, SYM Magic Jam, the Exhibitors Hall, and the Presto 5,000 (an SYM benefit 5K walk/run).

All the stars and all the fun will be in Indy this July. Registration, schedule and more information at http://www.magicsam.com.
...always believe in MAGIC!

performer

Re: SAM Convention 2016 - Indianapolis

Postby performer » April 28th, 2016, 11:37 pm

I am surprised you haven't booked yourself. That is what Jeffrey Atkins used to do every year at the I.B.M convention whether people wanted to see him or not. I always found it hilarious! But then I have an evil sense of humour. I still remember a noted mentalist leaving halfway through the show and I asked him where he was going. I was amused to hear him say, "I am getting out before Jeffrey Atkins comes on!"

MarkWeidhaas

Postby MarkWeidhaas » June 30th, 2016, 9:12 am

S.Y.M. Race for Fitness in Indy: THE PRESTO INDY CANAL FUN RUN will be held at the S.A.M. convention in Indianapolis, IN, USA at 7:30 AM on Friday, July 15, 2016. The Society of Young Magicians (SYM) has joined the race for fitness this year by sponsoring this first-ever Family & Friends “Presto Fun Run & Walk” along the beautiful Indy Canal. Join Magicians Tina Lenert, Mike Caveney and others on Friday morning to walk or run our 1, 2, or 3 mile course. This is a Fun Run, not a competition. No times will be kept.

Free for convention youth ages 7 – 17. $20 for all others. Race bib, refreshments and the official race t-shirt are included. (Youth under 16 must be accompanied by a registered parent!)

You can support this event by attending the SAM Convention. But you can also support from afar - just $20 and you too will receive the race T-shirt. Let us know you want to participate by July 6th IN ORDER TO GET YOUR SHIRT! email samregister@yahoo.com. Register for the convention at www.magicsam.com
Mark Weidhaas
S.A.M. National President 2010-2011 and Conference Executive
"You Have a Friend in the S.A.M."

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 30th, 2016, 10:11 am

The Fun Run is a great idea--wish I could be there.

MarkWeidhaas

Postby MarkWeidhaas » July 6th, 2016, 12:17 pm

I understand we already have over 50 convention registrants planning to participate in the "Race" in Indianapolis. Still time to preregister to assure you get the race t-shirt, but it needs to be done today. email: samregistrar@yahoo.com with shirt size.

This race is a first for a convention, we think. Anyone know of another convention that did this?
Mark Weidhaas
S.A.M. National President 2010-2011 and Conference Executive
"You Have a Friend in the S.A.M."

Return to “Convention Reports”