Genii Convention - Problem with Engblom downloads?

PickaCard

Genii Convention - Problem with Engblom downloads?

Postby PickaCard » October 14th, 2015, 10:30 pm

I purchased Christian Engblom's lecture package with several download codes. Most of these appear to be streaming and not downloadable. I really did not want a streaming product.

Can anyone tell me if they have been able to download the Fat Brothers 1, 2, Oil over troubles water,and Que Raro?

Thank you

Christian Engblom
Favorite Magician: Juan Tamariz

Re: Genii Convention - Problem with Engblom downloads?

Postby Christian Engblom » October 15th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Hello PickaCard,

Richard was kind enough to let me know there was a question here about the videos on Dani's web sit, GrupoKaps.

I forwarded your question to Dani DaOrtiz, who kindly replied quite quickly.
Please see his answer below. Also, if you have any further media related questions or inquiries, feel free to email dani, danidaortiz@me.com

"The vídeos is only streaming. Not posible download. When active the videos with code, the videos will be appear in his personal library, where can access with the link www.mediakaps.com

The video never expire.

We are working in apps for phones and tv where he can watch videos offline but is not ready jet. When will ready, he will receive a email with the new.

Dani"

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 15th, 2015, 3:33 pm

You can always aim your smartphone at the screen and tape the streaming video for offline watching.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Christian Engblom

Postby Christian Engblom » October 15th, 2015, 4:28 pm

A very practical idea.
Thank you for that Richard.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 15th, 2015, 4:31 pm

And there are many ways to capture streamed video into a file.

If you use Firefox for a browser, you might try installing the Downloadhelper plug in. I’ve had good luck using it to capture to an MP4 or AVI file streaming videos from various sites.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

I’ve got no idea if it is compatible with whatever protocol is used to stream these videos, but it’s worth a shot, being free and all. (I’ve got no connection to it, just am a satisfied user).

If it doesn't work, I've heard good things (but have no experience with) Applian Software's "Replay Media Catcher" and "Replay Video Capture." These aren't free, however.

Christian -- my preferred solution would be for you to just come by the house every so often, and do the routines in person. I've got a room you can sleep in, and my wife is a good cook. (I'm working on being an honorary Fat Brother, if you know what I mean).

Seriously, your workshop at the Genii convention was outstanding (as was Miguel and Dani's). Stong, deceptive magic that was entertainingly performed. You can't ask for better than that.
Last edited by Bill Mullins on October 15th, 2015, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr_goat
Favorite Magician: Glenn Bishop

Postby mr_goat » October 15th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Yeah either that or we could tell producers to let us download the stuff we pay for as streaming does nothing to stop piracy and just inconveniences customers.
Last edited by mr_goat on October 16th, 2015, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, it is mrgoat, I just can't log in with old account.

Christian Engblom

Postby Christian Engblom » October 15th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Bill, I am never one to turn down a good meal....hehe

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 15th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:
If it doesn't work, I've heard good things (but have no experience with) Applian Software's "Replay Media Catcher" and "Replay Video Capture." These aren't free, however.

I have extensive experience with the Applian Software Suite for Windows. Works great if you wish to capture video's from Dani's site; however, it doesn't play well with the latest version of Firefox. Works smoothly with Microsoft IE and Edge. The suite does a lot more things than just capture video, and I think it's a good, easy to use package.

I'm beginning to think such tools are becoming a virtual necessity these days in that so much documentation is moving to streaming video format.

Return to “Convention Reports”