Question about 1989 M.A.E.S Convention...

Ray Eden

Question about 1989 M.A.E.S Convention...

Postby Ray Eden » October 1st, 2014, 4:34 am

Looking for a needle in a haystack...

I've already contacted the current M.A.E.S. historian, and he informed me that the M.A.E.S. archives don't reach back to 1989. I'm wondering if anyone here has a memory that reaches back that far.

I participated in a close-up round robin at the 1989 M.A.E.S., and I would like to find out who the other performers were. Any other info about this particular convention would be appreciated as well, as I'm working on a book.

Thanks,
Ray Eden

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Question about 1989 M.A.E.S Convention...

Postby Joe Pecore » October 1st, 2014, 5:28 am

I was not there, but I found this report in the January 1990 Linking Ring. Does not answer your question, but hope it may help:

NO. 179, BALTIMORE, MARYLAND
Meets 3rd Wed. each month
JIM SCHUYLER, President
2218 Gaylawn Drive. Baltimore, MD 21227
JIM CONNER, Secretary-Treasurer
1315 Pleasant Valley Dr.. Catonsville. MD 21228
Our October meeting was hosted by Ralph Fowler. Our regular business meeting lasted a little longer than normal to allow our membership to hear the excellent results from our sponsorship of the 47th Annual M.A.E.S. Convention last month in Carlisle, Pa. Everyone was very thankful for the great job Rev. Kearney Jones did in organizing the event. Kearney and his committee chairmen—George Dency, Ed Long, Ed Hoffman, Ralph Fowler, Eddie Robinette, and Bob Tilford earned a round of applause for doing a great job.....
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Ray Eden

Re: Question about 1989 M.A.E.S Convention...

Postby Ray Eden » October 1st, 2014, 5:33 am

That's more than I had before. Thanks!

Return to “Convention Reports”