I.B.M. 2012 Convention - Norfolk, VA

Bill Wells

I.B.M. 2012 Convention - Norfolk, VA

Postby Bill Wells » February 3rd, 2012, 1:09 pm

In order to "warm up" for the Genii 75th Anniversary Bash in Orlando in October, you should come to:

The I.B.M. 84th Annual Convention in Norfolk, Virginia on July 3rd 7th, 2012. We are pleased to announce the following outstanding close-up talent.

The outrageously funny Geoff Williams will entice audiences with his mind-blowing sleight-of-hand illusions. You wont want to miss the amazing card magic of magician and author, John Bannon. From Spain, the incomparable Dani DaOrtiz will entertain you with his superb technique and crazy humor. Joining us from Canada is comedian and magician, David Acer (aka Doubting Dave on Mystery Hunters), who only has to look at you to make you laugh. The fact that he is also an accomplished magician is just icing on the cake. More than just an entertainer Hannibal captivates his audience with his combination of magic and storytelling. You wont want to miss Wayne Houchin exclaimed One of the hottest magicians on the planet by Genii Magazine. Finally, I.B.M. attendees will be treated to Paul Gertners TEN FINGERS A Play of Magic. Enough said.

Dont wait, register today at http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/6. Reserve your room at either the Norfolk Waterside Marriott (757-627-4200) or the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside (757-622-6664). Both hotels are within a block of each other. The Marriott is our host hotel. The Sheraton is right on the Elizabeth River with lovely waterside rooms. Be sure to tell them you are with the I.B. M. to get the special $99/night convention rate. Evening shows will be held at the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theater.

Watch for more talent announcements in the very near future ...

See you in Norfolk!
Bill Wells

Shawn Farquhar

Re: I.B.M. 2012 Convention - Norfolk, VA

Postby Shawn Farquhar » March 23rd, 2012, 12:57 am

Hey Bill,

I was thinking it was time we told everyone about some of the other acts booked:

Mater Payne
Justin Flom
Chris Capehart
Dani DaOrtiz
David Acer
Paul Gertner
John Bannon
Geoff Williams
Chip Romero
Yuji Yasuda
Rich Bloch
George Saterial
Arthur Trace
Vlad Kryvonogov
Hannibal
Ma Yanyan
Wayne Houchin
and yes, more to come ...
Shawn Farquhar

"if you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not getting the joke."

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » March 24th, 2012, 9:18 am

Great Shawn !

I agree ... and let's add just booked Juliana Chen to that list of talent ...

... and if folks would like to see photos of the acts go to

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 548596e2ef
Bill Wells

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » April 2nd, 2012, 9:52 am

There is a very special magic happening this July that we want to be sure you know about.

There are lots of magic conventions but there is only ONE I.B.M. Annual Convention each year and it is in Norfolk, Virginia this year. The I.B.M. held the worlds first magic convention in Kenton, Ohio in 1922 and the Norfolk Convention will be the 84th I.B.M. Annual Convention thats every year except the four years during World War II! The I.B.M. is the Worlds largest magic organization and its annual conventions are the worlds best magic conventions.

The I.B.M. knows how to produce a magic convention. The I.B.M. convention committee has the most successful convention experience of any group in magic. The I.B.M. reinvented the convention last year in Dallas and will upgrade its convention this year in Norfolk to a new edition that is bigger and better than ever before. Here are a few of the things in store for those lucky enough to attend the Norfolk convention:
Each attendee gets a special PASSPORT to magic. Not only does this passport gain you entry to all the events at the convention and the Schedule of Events it also has a space for each dealer to stamp when you visit their booth. These dealer stamps will be your passport to special magic gifts and drawings for other magic prizes. This PASSPORT gains you entry to the Dealers Room which opens at 2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and a special first night Welcome Party and Show plus the first of 10 Lectures at 10 PM on Tuesday evening. That is more than a years worth of magic lectures at one convention! Your PASSPORT takes you to a unique I.B.M. event the ever popular BIG THREE EVENT Three different events repeated on three consecutive days for a third of the attendees each event to enhance your enjoyment and viewing of the event. The Norfolk Big Three events include Paul Gertner and his one man show Ten Fingers; A special lecture by Wayne Houchin; and a Close-Up show by six of magics best close up masters including David Acer, John Bannon, Hannibal, Dani DaOrtiz, Master Payne, & Geoff Williams. The close-up rooms will have elevated seating to improve the viewing angles for the audience.

The optional Grand Banquet (and extra charge event) will feature the incomparable Chris Capehart a magic performance who simply has no equal! A special Youth Showcase Show featuring a lineup of specially invited young magic talents will give attendee a very special look at the stars of tomorrow.

The Gold Medal Finals will feature not only the finalist competition but also Magic Master of the magical m.c.s Rich Bloch and special guest star George Saterial reprising his own Gold Medal winning performance. Already booked for the Gala Finale Show are Justin Flom, Vlad Kryvonogov, Chip Romero, and Arthur Trace with more acts to be named.

Long time magic show producer and star in his own right Dale Salwak is producing an I.B.M. exclusive Stars of Asia Gala Stage Show which will open the three nights of shows in the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theatre at the Norfolk Scope. Already announced for this special show are the FISM award winning acts of the beautiful Juliana Chen from China, Yuji Yasuda from Korea, and Ma YanYan from China. Also on this show is Hou Kai, an absolutely unbelievable juggler, and the Butterfly Lovers with their aerolistic artistry.

Continuing in the theme of the S.I.G. sessions at the Dallas Convention, the Norfolk Convention will offer its own streamlined version The Magic Six Pack which will provide a small group special focus on a selected magic topic. Your Norfolk PASSPORT to magic will permit you to choose from David Acer Making of the TV show Mystery Hunter; Rich Bloch Being a better MC; Hannibal Theater and Magic; Master Payne Theming of Magic; T. J. Shimeld Walter B. Gibson and The Shadow; and Geoff Williams Comedy in Magic.

In addition to all these lectures, shows, and special events are the preliminary competitions for the stage and close-up prizes and the right to compete in the finals for the Gold Medal, the Gold Cups and the over $17,000 in cash and other prizes bringing the total value of awards to over $20,000.

In view of continuing economic conditions, the convention registration fee has been lowered to $250 which is much lower than other major magic conventions this year. A special convention room rate of $99 is available at the Norfolk Marriott, our host hotel and also at the nearby Sheraton Waterside Hotel if you prefer a waterside room. Very reasonable restaurants for breakfast and lunch are available directly across the street from the convention and a host of excellent restaurants are available very nearby for dinner.
Finally, Norfolk is an ideal convention location for a family vacation. If driving to this convention across the Commonwealth of Virginia families will be able to visit historic sites where America began including three major sites within an hour of Norfolk Jamestown the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America, Yorktown where American independence was won, and Williamsburg where Colonial America still exists. Attractions such as Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Virginia Beach are also nearby. Within an easy walk of the hotels are the Nauticus Museum, USS Wisconsin, and the Douglas MacArthur Memorial. The nearby MacArthur Mall hosts a wide variety of shops and restaurants.

Simply put, the Norfolk I.B.M. Convention is THE MAGIC CONVENTION to attend in 2012! It is the sleeper convention of the year. Come to Norfolk where we know how to produce a magic convention just for you. Norfolk is your PASSPORT to magic in 2012!

See you there!

I.B.M. Norfolk Convention Committee
Bill Wells

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » April 2nd, 2012, 11:21 am

I'd like to go to a IBM again.
Haven't been since 1985.
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » June 14th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Time is running out
Only 4 days left to reserve a room at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott or the Sheraton Waterfront Hotel at the special $99 convention rate. On June 18th our room blocks will be released. Book your room NOW for the Norfolk IBM Convention!
Dont miss the chance to see and hear David Acer, John Bannon, Rich Bloch, Alex Boyce, Chris Capehart, Julianna Chen, Dani Daortiz, Daisy Dolicker, Justin Flom, Paul Gertner, Jordan Gomez, Hannibal, Johathan & Trisha Hawley, Wayne Houchin, Hou Kai, T. J. Ketchmark, Jay Temaat, Ma Yanyan, Tyler Nygren, Master Payne, Christopher Quintero, Mandy Reed, Chip Romero, George Saterial, T. J. Schimeld, Arthur Trace, Geoff Williams, An Sung Woo, Yuji Yasuda, and Gu Ying. A wonderful mix of your favorite names and acts that you have never seen before! The I.B.M. Conventions are not your regular old magic convention. The I.B.M. Conventions always break new ground. Come to Norfolk and enjoy our Welcome and Farewell Parties, our Contests with the world famous Gold Medal and Gold Cups competitions, Special Sessions, workshops, an entire years worth of Lectures, Youth events, Dealers Exposition, Youth Show, Grand Banquet and Show, the I.B.M. original Big Three Event featuring Close-Up Show, special lecture, and Paul Gertners one man Ten Fingers Show, the special All Asian Gala produced by Dale Salwak, the Gold Medal Show and the Grand Finale Gala all in the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theatre. The opportunity to see old friends and make new ones and much more. Events that will use the latest technology to enhance your viewing and entertainment pleasure. All this in historic Norfolk, Virginia with sights and activities for the entire family.
Convention registration fees increase on June 28th ! Save money by taking action today !!
Time is running out book your room and make your registration today for magics oldest and best Magic Convention - The 84th Annual I.B.M. Convention
Go to http://www.magician.org/portal/node/6 for all convention information including acts, schedule, F.A.Q, convention registration and hotel reservations.
Bill Wells

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » June 24th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Only 4 more days until registration fees increase at the Norfolk IBM Convention.

Just booked - Andrew Goldenhersh as the featured entertainer for the Welcome Party Show on July 3 !!!

go to www.magician.org for schedules, talent, and registration until July 28. After the 28th you will have to register at the convention in Norfolk. Dealers open at 2pm on July 3rd.

Don't miss it !!
Bill Wells

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 3rd, 2012, 6:06 pm

It's worth going to just see Dani d'Ortiz
Stay tooned.

Return to “Convention Reports”