Canadian Association of Magicians CONVENTION 2016

jlrivard
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Canadian Association of Magicians CONVENTION 2016

Postby jlrivard » November 9th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Great news!

Canadian Association of Magicians CONVENTION 2016 !!!!

The Festival de magie de Québec will host CAMaraderie 2016
Only 250 places!

LINK : http://www.festivaldemagie.ca/#!cam/c1kc5

Hosting :

SHIN LIM
CHRISTIAN SCHENCK ( the Phoenix deck guy )
VINCENT HEDAN
SHAWN FARQUHAR
MATHIEU BICH

and FIVE MORE to come .

A first for Québec City from April 21 to 24, 2016! The Festival de magie de Québec will host CAMaraderie 2016. We anticipate the participation of 250 magicians from Quebec and several international guests.

Attend:

12 Canadian and International lectures

3 Special shows during the convention

The Grand Magic Gala at the Capitole de Québec

4 Masters’ classes

1 Dealers room

1 Magic lounge

1 Magic terrace

1 Magic contest with four categories

1 Masters’ contest

1 VIP area

And much more...

All of this during the 6th edition of the all-new Festival de magie de Québec with more than 30 shows, also scheduled for April 21 to 24, 2016.

Our list of speakers and shows, the programming, suggested hotels and the rates card will be announced shortly.

All lectures and shows associated with CAMaraderie will take place in English, with the exception of the bilingual gala to be held at the Capitole.

A seat will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you register, the closer your seat will be from the stage.

A discount will be offered to CAM members.

A discount will be offered to those who register before January 1, 2015.

jlrivard

Re: Canadian Association of Magicians CONVENTION 2016

Postby jlrivard » November 9th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Quebec City in Canada

Image!!!

performer

Postby performer » November 9th, 2015, 5:31 pm

I find the trouble with magic conventions is that there are too many magicians there.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » November 12th, 2015, 4:45 pm

News about CAMaraderie 2016

http://www.festivaldemagie.ca/

From April 21 to April 24 2016, the Canadian Convention of Magic (Camaraderie) will be held in the legendary theater of the Old Capital, the Capitole de Québec.

Imagine four days of magic in one of the most beautiful theaters in Canada.

We are looking forward to welcome you at around 4 pm on Thursday April 21st and it all will end at around 4 pm on Sunday April 24th.

You can already book your hotel in Quebec. We have a price agreement with the Château Laurier. The rooms are offered at $ 119.00 plus tax for single or double occupancy per night.

At the same time as the CAMaraderie, the Québec Magic Festival will be held in Nouvo St-Roch area.

The International Magic Competition "Michel Cailloux" will take place at The Capitole de Québec. You can already register for the contest on our web site. The canadian participants who will compete in the contest will also have the chance to win the prestigious Canadian magic Champion title.

During the event you will meet many well known magicians from all over the world.

You will have the chance to participate in Shin Lim's lecture, the world champion at the 2015 FISM in the card magic category. Also, if you are interested in mentalism, Vincent Hedan (Babel, Haiku) from France will speak about his new book.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » November 16th, 2015, 5:45 pm

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » November 17th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Quebec welcomes you to the 2016 CAMaraderie

CAMaraderie is alive and well once again. The 2016 CAMaraderie is being held in beautiful Quebec City next April so now is a good time to start planning to attend. There is lots to see and do in Quebec City. The crown jewel of French Canada, Québec City is one of North America’s oldest and most magnificent settlements. Its picturesque Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage site, a living museum of narrow cobblestone streets, 17th- and 18th-century houses and soaring church spires, with the splendid Château Frontenac towering above it all. There’s more than a glimmer of Old Europe in its classic bistros, sidewalk cafes and manicured squares.

You can get a taste of the city in a single day, but linger at least a weekend if you can. The city’s compact size makes it ideal for walking, and it shines brightest when you slow down. The main focus of your visit will be CAMaraderie but try to include the Old Town, split between the Old Upper Town (Haute Ville), perched above the St Lawrence River on the Cap Diamant cliffs, and the Old Lower Town (Basse Ville), where Samuel de Champlain established the first French foothold in 1608. The Old Town is packed with museums, mansard-roofed houses and cobblestone streets just begging to be explored.

Outside the walls, through the historic town gates of Porte St-Louis and Porte St-Jean, four additional neighbourhoods are easily accessible: St-Jean Baptiste, Colline Parlementaire, Montcalm and St-Roch, each boasting wonderful restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Also noteworthy are the vast Plains of Abraham, where the British defeated the French in 1759; nowadays enshrined as a national park, this area offers superb recreational opportunities. Québec City goes to great lengths to entertain visitors.

All summer long, musicians, acrobats and actors in period costume take to the streets, while fantastic festivals fill the air with fireworks and song. The annual Quebec City Magic Festival will be taking place at the same time as CAMaraderie so there will be lots of magic to enjoy. Just look at the line-up of performers scheduled to be a part of the great event: Our very own Shawn Farquahar, past president of the Canadian Association of Magicians and also of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. Shin Lim, participant in this year’s FISM competition in Rimi, Itlay who tied for first in Card Magic and representing Canada; Christian Schenk, creator of the Phoenix Deck; Harry Allen, magic purveyor; Mathieu Bich and Vincent Hedan. The Quebec team has planned great workshops, great performances, great dealers, and first and foremost great CAMaraderie.

Mark your calendar and plan to attend. Set the dates aside and plan to be there. Did we mention the dates. They are April 21 to April 24 in Quebec City. We have a great venue right near the parliament buildings. It’s a close walk to Old Town. You should plan to make that a part of your visit to Quebec City. Once again set the dates aside and plan to attend. This will be the highlight of your year.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » November 21st, 2015, 10:01 am

This is where you will see the big shows !!

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » November 25th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Jeff McBride will join the CAM convention for 4 days in QUEBEC CITY , Canada - April 21 to 24, 2016

http://www.festivaldemagie.ca/ />

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 12th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Hurry up !!!!!

performer

Postby performer » December 12th, 2015, 5:01 pm

I understand the locals get a little agitated in Quebec City if you speak English. Americans should be OK though since they don't really speak English anyway.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 12th, 2015, 5:13 pm

A lot of people in Quebec speak English !
We are open , funny and friendly !

All the lectures are in English !

You are more than welcome in our town !

Best to you and hope to see you .

Jean-Luc Rivard

performer

Postby performer » December 13th, 2015, 7:22 am

I know a lot of people in Quebec speak English. The trouble is that they don't want you speaking it. They have always been a bit irritable about it ever since we British beat the French fair and square on the Plains of Abraham.

I think everyone should be safe enough at the convention centre though. It is when you get outside among the locals you should feel a bit nervous. Not as bad as walking down an America city street though where there is a strong chance of being hit by a stray bullet.

Every time I go to Montreal where nearly everyone speaks English I always get someone who snarls at me, "why are you not speaking French?" I usually tell them that they are part of a conquered territory and thus they should be forced to speak English. For some odd reason which I have never yet been able to fathom they seem to take offence. And I have heard that Quebec City is even worse.

It does sound like a fantastic convention though looking at the names on the bill.

I do remember doing a psychic fair in Montreal and got the usual snarl of "why are you not speaking French?" I have a sign saying "Famous Irish Psychic" despite the fact that I am no longer famous, am not Irish and sceptical people would say that I am not psychic either.

I pointed to the sign and said, "Madam, do you speak Irish?" Naturally I didn't tell her that I didn't speak it either. She snorted "no" I then responded, "Look, you don't speak Irish and I don't speak French. Why don't we compromise and both speak English? It is after all, the most important language in the world"

For some odd reason she stormed off in a huff.

Incidentally, in all the years I spent in Ireland I don't think I actually met ten people who could actually speak Irish although they all pretend they can.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 13th, 2015, 8:09 am

CAMaraderie 2016 - April 21-24, 2016QUEBEC CITY , CANADA .

Registration for magicians : Special price before January 1st 2016.

La CAMaraderie 2016 ( CAM : Canadian Association of Magicians )

April 21-24, 2016

Artists who are confirmed include:
Jeff McBride - Shin Lim- Christian Schenk — Vincent Hedan —Shawn Farquhar — Mathieu Bich - Harry Allen - Yannick Laxcroix - Marc Trudel — Michel Huot — Montreal Trio - Luc Langevin.

All lectures and shows associated with CAMaraderie will take place in English, with the exception of the bilingual gala to be held at the Capitole.

A seat will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you register, the closer your seat will be from the stage.
Package deal includes:
8 world-class lectures
1 magic competition (stage and close up)
1 competition winners show
1 Close-Up Gala
1 world class Gala Show
And more...

The CAMaraderie hôtel
Hôtel Château Laurier
1 877 522-8108 / 418 522-8108

laurier@vieuxquebec.com

www.hotelchateaulaurier.com

1220, Place George-V Ouest

Québec (Québec)

G1R 5B8
CANADA.

Special rate for the CAMaraderie in single or double occupation : 119,95 $ per night plus taxes.
(value 190 $).

Password for special price - - 649609.

performer

Postby performer » December 13th, 2015, 9:42 am

I will concede it is a terrific line up.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 13th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Pay no attention to Performer's ridiculous comments. Quebec is a marvelous place, especially Montreal, the Laurentians and Quebec City. I live right next door in Ontario. I've been going to Quebec for centuries and I've never experienced what he's talking about. I've even attended an all-French magic convention in Montreal and had a wonderful time and, except for Nescafe and Chevrolet, I don't speak French.

Perhaps Performer's problems occurred because he LOOKS French (he wears a beret) and the Quebecer thought he WAS French.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 13th, 2015, 7:21 pm

performer

Postby performer » December 13th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:Pay no attention to Performer's ridiculous comments. Quebec is a marvelous place, especially Montreal, the Laurentians and Quebec City. I live right next door in Ontario. I've been going to Quebec for centuries and I've never experienced what he's talking about. I've even attended an all-French magic convention in Montreal and had a wonderful time and, except for Nescafe and Chevrolet, I don't speak French.

Perhaps Performer's problems occurred because he LOOKS French (he wears a beret) and the Quebecer thought he WAS French.

Farmer, old chap. I didn't realise you were quite so old. If you really were visiting Quebec for centuries you must of course be dead but alas the corpse hasn't quite realised it yet. I really wish it would.

Furthermore I do not look in the slightest bit French and neither do I wear a beret. Possibly that was supposed to be a joke. It seems that as a comedian you would make a very good lawyer. Alas I do have to say with the greatest lack of respect, that as a wit you are only halfway there.

Furthermore I really wish you would learn to spell properly. You are neither spelling like a Frenchman nor a Canadian. You are spelling like a ghastly American. The word "marvellous" has two letter "L"s.

Now do try harder-there's a good chap. You have a long way to go. And the further the better.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 13th, 2015, 9:25 pm

Registration for magicians : Special price before January 1st 2016.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » December 17th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Magic Contest - 4000 $ in prize

LINK to contest : http://www.festivaldemagie.ca/#!concours/c1d94

The Michel Cailloux International Magic Contest is back for a fourth edition. You have until February 19, 2016 to register.

In addition, you have the chance to win the prestigious title of 2016 Canadian Champion Magician since the contest will take place during the Canadian Convention of magic (CAMaraderie) in Quebec City from April 21 to 24.

You will find all the rules and the registration form on the website of Festival de magie de Québec.

This contest is open to professional and amateur magicians of all ages.

The Association du Festival de magie de Québec is very proud to announce the establishment the third edition of an international calibre contest in Quebec for amateur and professional magicians around the world.

We are also very proud that the first prize and the name of this contest bear the name of a legend and extraordinary pioneer of magic in Quebec. Many thanks to the Cailloux family for allowing us to use Michel Cailloux’s name.

Michel Cailloux, also known as “Michel the Magician,” was a mythical personage on youth television for more than 50 years. Today, his name will become the reference and ultimate honour in Quebec for present and future generations of magicians around the world.

Become the next Canadian champion during CAMaraderie 2016.

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » January 9th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Camaraderie 2016 in QUEBEC CITY , Canada - April 21 to 24, 2016

CAMaraderie preliminary programmation*
*Schedule subject to change -

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » January 14th, 2016, 7:48 pm

New York Times praises Québec today :

"Quebec City has long drawn admirers to its historic district — the famed ramparts, quaint cobblestone lanes and handsome stone houses. Get swept up in this squint-and-you’re-in-Europe charm, however, and you risk missing out on the Canadian city’s most compelling attractions. Over the last few years, a gradual revival has spread from one outlying neighborhood to the next, ushering in a wave of new boutiques, bars, bistros and more. But can hip and historic coexist? Quebec’s capital, now alive with cultural and culinary enticements for all demographics, says, mais oui!"

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/......ionfront

And the New York Daily News also :

"Quebec may be among the most beautiful cities in the Western Hemisphere — but you try enjoying its vistas, food, culture, currency-aided discounts, and French-speaking populace when it’s 5 degrees and the wind is whipping around at 20 miles per hour."

"For starters, Quebec has a lush and gorgeous history. Still ringed by a full set of fortified walls atop a high bluff overlooking the St. Lawrence River, the inner old town feels like a mini-Paris, without the attitude. Better still, the entire place is walkable — a jaunt from the Parliament building just outside the western wall to the original city below the eastern perimeter would take about a half hour (though leave a lot more time for browsing and hot chocolate)."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/tr.......2496582

jlrivard

Postby jlrivard » January 15th, 2016, 8:31 am

It is time for our friends from USA to come to Quebec City in Canada !

Canadian dollar will drop to 59 cents US in 2016....

Read this : http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/macquar ... -1.3401644

You will save so much up here !!!!

Hard for us , good for you !

Return to “Convention Reports”