In Your Wallet by Jeff Prace & Kozmo Magic

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
MagicOrthodoxy
Favorite Magician: Benjamin Earl

In Your Wallet by Jeff Prace & Kozmo Magic

Postby MagicOrthodoxy » January 23rd, 2015, 9:10 am

Title: In Your Wallet
Creator: Jeff Prace
Publisher: Kozmo Magic
MSRP: $25
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: aprox 35 min

Type of effect: Card Prediction/ Reveal

Manufacturer's Write Up:
You will learn three commercial, easy magic tricks with debit cards, photographs, and more. Each trick has been designed to comfortably fit into a standard wallet, ensuring you are always ready to perform. The DVD comes complete with custom-designed gimmicks. These gimmicks look like real debit cards, and they offer one of the most effective card revelations you will ever see.

How accurate is the ad copy?
Pretty accurate, I take a little issue with "These gimmicks look like real debit cards" as they will not hold up against close inspection, but they look "right" in presentation.

What's in the box?
1 DVD and 2 Credit Card "gaffs"

Key points:
Jeff gives you three, ready to go effects that you could easily carry in your wallet.

My thoughts:
Jeff has redesigned Mark Jenst's "MagicCard" and given it a few twists for a new age.

Is it well made:
Everything is well made and should last you a very long time. Even the DVD sleeve has cool production value.

Is it well taught:
Jeff does a clear job of walking through each effect and nuance. He's a little "static" in his presentation and I can't tell if he's reading a prompter or just being very careful to get every word right, either way he teaches what you need to know.

How are the production values:
Over all, they are moderate. The live performances are all done with the same group of people at the same location and the studio shots are done against a black backdrop.

Overall score: 7/10

I said a lot more in my video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINAD_Fp8qI
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

mrgoat

Re: In Your Wallet by Jeff Prace & Kozmo Magic

Postby mrgoat » January 23rd, 2015, 9:59 am

Are you tracking if your consistent spam here is actually getting you more hits to your youtube channel?

MagicOrthodoxy

Postby MagicOrthodoxy » January 23rd, 2015, 10:35 am

ha ha... wow I would have no idea on how to do that.

Hey, if you think think putting written magic reviews in the magic review section constitutes as spam I will stop. Not trying to make anyone mad.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 23rd, 2015, 11:24 am

In the creator studio bit, you click on analytics, then traffic sources.

It's not up to me to tell you to stop, but just be nice if you contributed to other threads rather than your attempts to drive traffic from here to your channel. :)

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » January 23rd, 2015, 11:44 am

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post up your reviews here. My only suggestion is that it would be nice if you used the forums built in function to embed the video review directly.
Last edited by Chris Aguilar on January 23rd, 2015, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagicOrthodoxy

Postby MagicOrthodoxy » January 23rd, 2015, 11:51 am

Thanks for your suggestion, but I didn't want my video to be the main drive of the review. The video portion is only meant to be there as an extra.

EndersGame
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Postby EndersGame » March 25th, 2018, 8:43 am

MagicOrthodoxy wrote:Hey, if you think think putting written magic reviews in the magic review section constitutes as spam I will stop. Not trying to make anyone mad.

Judging by this thread ("Welcome to Our New Online Review Forum"), it would appear that the "Light from the Lamp ONLINE" subforum is specifically dedicated to reviews posted by those who have been sent items by Genii for evaluation.

Or is that no longer the case, and can anybody post reviews here? This sub-forum does seem fairly inactive.
Click here to see all my reviews: Magic Reviews Playing Card Reviews Board Game Reviews

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 25th, 2018, 3:46 pm

No, that's not the case. Anything can be reviewed by a qualified person.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”