Silent Running by Ben Harris

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Ben Harris

Re: Silent Running by Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 8th, 2010, 4:36 am

Bob,

The CR Set is optimized for mentalism and SR (quite by accident). Please read Devin Knight's section of the book.

Benny
Creator of the famous "Floating Match On Card" illusion.
WOWBOUND.COM - INSTANT DOWNLOADS

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » May 8th, 2010, 5:23 am

My main problem with this effect, other than the price, is that the procedure for choosing the card is the antithesis of mind reading. I guess a dull spectator might not realize that they have a choice of only eight specific cards, but I agree with Tommny Wonder who said we shoud aim for the most intelligent in our audience and the rest are delivered for free. Having said that, the Peter Duffie idea is clever. But do we need a full page in the book showing Ben holding up fingers?

The ultimate effect, to me, is of limiting an audience member's choice of a card and then fishing, looking for a non-verbal 'tell'. The hope is that the spectator (and the rest of the audience) will not notice. If it works for Ben in performance, great.

If Ben (or anyone!) can actually come up with the divination of a freely though-of card, without the spectator saying anything, as the ad copy states, I will be impressed.

Matt Field

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 8th, 2010, 6:03 am

Hi Matt.

Thanks for your feedback.

Benny

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » May 8th, 2010, 7:11 am

Matt, I agree. Benny should make that his creative target. He's well and truly mastered the skills of copywriting, now all he needs is to deliver a product that matches the copy.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 8th, 2010, 7:15 am

Ben Harris wrote:Mr Goat.

I love tussling with ya man. You are great for sales.

Benny

Yeah it's the old classic "point out the lies in the marketing" followed by the classic "point out the visitors to your own site say the product is absolute garbage in your own poll" marketing trick. Classic stuff!

We did a brilliant doublehander Harris! I assume my cut is in the mail?

Glad the suckers fell for it!

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » May 8th, 2010, 7:50 am

Dude!

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 8th, 2010, 10:30 am

I wanted to address the fishing issue in this trick. As noted above, unless you use two outs at the end, with 8 cards and a binary sort you could get three no responses.

The best way to fish on 8 cards is to use a binary sort for the first question (to get the possibles down to 4), and a majority sort on all further questions.

If you do this, you will get a maximum of two nos (with no outs) and the second no will tell you the card. No further questions will be required. And you could get all yes answers. The point is that by using this method, you will limit the number of responses if you get no answers (that's good) and maximize the number of responses if you get yes answers (that's good).

On this set of cards (and this is a bad set--you should start with the questions and design the cards to fit the questions not vice versa) it would work like this:

1. "Red card?" (binary sort)
If yes, it's got to be 3H, 5D, 7H, 9D.
If no, it's got to be 2C, 4S, 6C, 8S.

2. Now you start the majority sort by making a statement that is true about all of the cards except one.

"Lower than an eight?"

If you get a "No," you know it's the 8S (for black) or the 9D (if red). You end there.

3. Of course, the probability is that you will get a "yes" since 75% of the possible cards are lower than an 8.

Now you make a statement that is true about all but one of the remaining possibles.

For black possibles: "A club."

For red possibles: "A heart."

If they say no, then if it's black card, it's the 4S and you end there.
If they say no and it's a red card, it's the 5D and you end there.

4. If you get a yes (which will happen 66.6% of the time, you continue:

"I see two clubs." If they say no, add, (Waters idea)
-- in the cornerssmall clubs -- it's a 6.

For yes it's the 2C.

For the red cards: "I see three pips -- if they say no, continue -- at one end of the card and 4 at the other
-- it's the 7.

For yes it's the 3H.

Actually, you don't need any particular set of cards -- you can figure this out on the fly with any cards, but some sets make for better questions than others.

Matthew Field

Postby Matthew Field » May 8th, 2010, 12:01 pm

This is Bob's extraordinary "No Nos" fishing. Problem is, how to marry this to the "between one and ten" and Duffie Finger Schtick ideas in Silent Running.

Ben -- get to work!

Matt Field

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » May 8th, 2010, 1:54 pm

I have never performed a trick involving 'fishing' before. I have seen alot of magic - and can't recall seeing many (any?) either. So - I was just curious as to how people find the reaction to this sort of effect is? Does it impress - or does it come across more as guesswork? Do laypeople go for this sort of thing?

Just curious...

Joe

Andrew Charles

Postby Andrew Charles » May 8th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Joe,

Fishing can work very well, but the audience has to believe they could be thinking of virtually any card in the deck.

With Silent Running the audience or at least the vast majority of the audience will know that their selection has been limited. So to use fishing along with SR is to me a huge mistake and makes the "Direct Mind Reading" effect from the manuscript useless.

Matthew Field

Postby Matthew Field » May 8th, 2010, 3:59 pm

In fairness, Andrew, Ben suggests a non-verbal approach to the fishing.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 8th, 2010, 4:51 pm

One correction to what Matt said. The fishing example I gave above is not No Nos Fishing (to torture the negatives into submission). What I explained, I call binary/majority fishing.

Majority fishing -- where you make a statement that's true about the majority of the possible cards, rather than half of them, was first described -- I believe -- by Orville Meyer in his book MAGIC IN THE MODERN MANNER (1949) as "The Principle of the Majorities" (pp.62-66).

Binary fishing is where you make a statement that is true about half the cards.

It looks more magical to use majority fishing because you are more likely to get a series of yes responses, but as soon as you get a no response you can name the card. However, the maximum number of questions you'll have to ask is one less than the number of cards in the range -- so it's best used with 5 or less cards.

With more than 5 cards, if the first question is binary you eliminate half the cards and then use a majority fish on the remainder.

No Nos fishing is the invention of that clever, clever fellow from Chicago, Muddy Waters (aka Simon Aronson). Simon realized that with two people, if you asked them a question there could be four possible answers from them:

Yes Yes

Yes No

No Yes

No No

Now, with the first three cases you will always get at least one yes, so it looks as if you've never wrong (i.e., your alibi for the one possible no is that you were reading the yes guy's mind).

So Simon devised a set of cards and a set of questions that would always produce only the first three responses -- it was impossible with his trick to get two nos -- thus No Nos fishing because it looks as if there are never any nos.

See "Simon-Eyes" in THE ARONSON APPROACH. Simon's method depended upon a very structured set of cards and questions and a stacked deck, but it is possible to use this technique impromptu with a shuffled deck once you understand the principle.

Of course with three people you have even more possibilities. More about this later (say in a few years when I write the book).

One more thing: it is possible to have someone shuffle their own deck, cut off some cards, think of one (no restrictions -- you say nothing other than think of one). Shuffle those. Put them back on the deck and reassemble the deck.

Only then do they hand you the deck. You ask them one question (not about the color, value or suit of their card). You then deal through the deck (or they can) and their card is gone. If you want, at this point, you can take the deck, ask a few questions and name their card -- which now reappears.

I published part of the method in Genii. If I have a moment I'll post the rest here.

Andrew Charles

Postby Andrew Charles » May 8th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Matthew Field wrote:In fairness, Andrew, Ben suggests a non-verbal approach to the fishing.

Matt Field

Yes, he does.

One of them is to use your "peripheral vision" to pick up "poker tells" in regards to what number they are thinking of. Which, I find, if you have the world's most demonstrative spectator and eyes on the side of your head like a fish, will work almost a full 20% of the time.

His other method introduces a physical deck of cards into the equation. If you're going to do that you might as well do something much better than the SR procedure in the first place.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » May 8th, 2010, 7:32 pm

I don't want to derail things here. But - Matthew mentioned earlier about looking for a 'think-a-card' trick that involved asking no questions. It is always interesting to consider which is the best around. In some ways I think Progressive Speller type effects can be a good way to go here. You do ask for the name of the card - but it is quite easy to pass this off as for the benefit of the audience...

In terms of strict no questions, asked situations - I would nominate Doc Dixon's brilliant DOUBLE DUTY effect from his book that came out a couple of years ago. Well worth checking out...

Joe

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 8th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Joe:

Using the word "questions" can be confusing because some will claim there are no questions because they made statements. A better way to think about this is to ask how many "responses" you need from the spectator. Responses can be verbal (they answer a question or comment on a statement) or non-verbal (they do something).

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 24th, 2010, 4:21 pm

Thank you Bob for all the information you have given about the "fishing" procedure.

At the time im working on the Simom-Eyes trick. I found it very interesting and not as hard as Simon sais in the book!

I found he has also worked on the ACAAN plot in his book "The Aronson Aproach".

Have you ever used an stooge for ACAAN?

I also have to agree with your opinion about SR, I think B. Harris is a very good sales-man but that's all. His work on the plot may have something new (I have never seen the Duffie finger thing before) but it is far from intelligent and I think it can't be done to a clever audience.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 27th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Gentlemen,

I think the sequel will help put your doubts to rest. Dozens of routines from performers USING Silent Running.

Cheers and thanks for your feedback.

Benny

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 27th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Manuel,

Your observation about salesmanship is probably accurate.

I think this is why I and those who perform successfully with SR get the amazing results we do.

We know (either instinctively, or through experience) HOW to sell it. Just like Tom Frame (in his review at the head of this thread) knows how to SELL it. The nuances for a successful sale are detailed in the sequel.

Benny

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 28th, 2010, 7:04 am

Manuel:

Except for my participation, I have never used a stooge for ACAAN.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 28th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Off topic, but Tommy's new "Subtle Scam" (available from lybrary.com) is a very clever approach. It's not a pure ACAAN, however it plays very nicely. If you refrain from having the freely selected card (and the freely selected number) named until AFTER the preliminary effect, then it's even stronger.

Benny

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 29th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Ben,

I know what you mean, but i bet you to do this trick to a really smart person because then you will see it has not the great impact it is suposed to have (you can see, here in the forum and in other forums, that many people have the same problem with your effect).

I liked crossroads and some ideas there, I use to perform this trick (a little different as I use equivoque to make the spectator select the numbers and not the picture cards).

I was exited about SR, look at the ad!, "POSSIBLY THE MOST AMAZING "THINK OF A CARD" METHOD IN YEARS!"

Ben I know you are note going to recognize it, but I don't think you believe what your ad sais. There are many better "think of a card" methods, and in my opinion yours doesn't pass the test as it CAN'T be done to clever people, and good magic is supposed astonish everyone.

Manuel

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 29th, 2010, 12:21 pm

Bob,

Do you usually perform B. Deckronomicon?, do you sell it to your audience as an ACAAN ?(I mean, before you star the trick, do you tell your audience what you are about to do?)

One last q., which ACAAN method you consider to be the best one? (appart from Berglas)

Manuel

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 29th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Ben,

Where can I buy "Subtle Scan"?

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 29th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Manuel:

No -- I do not tell the audience what I'm going to do. If I did that, the trick would have no surprises. At each stage of the trick, I emphasize the impossibilities. So, when the spectator is thinking of a card, I really sell the fact that no one else could possibly know what that card is.

The audience doesn't need to know what the effect will be -- they will figure out the effect when you get to the end because what happens there is completely impossible.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Manuel, go and read Ben's post again and you'll see where you can buy it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Doc Dixon

Postby Doc Dixon » May 29th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Joe Mckay wrote:I don't want to derail things here. But - Matthew mentioned earlier about looking for a 'think-a-card' trick that involved asking no questions. It is always interesting to consider which is the best around. In some ways I think Progressive Speller type effects can be a good way to go here. You do ask for the name of the card - but it is quite easy to pass this off as for the benefit of the audience...

In terms of strict no questions, asked situations - I would nominate Doc Dixon's brilliant DOUBLE DUTY effect from his book that came out a couple of years ago. Well worth checking out...

Joe

Thanks, Joe. I was lecturing in Cincinnati last night and someone mentioned your post to me. Much appreciated. I don't want to derail this thread, but if you're looking for an absolutely no questions asked "think of a card", Double Duty is absolutely it. No questions, no fishing, and best of all, no hype.

Respectfully,

Doc Dixon
www.dixonmagic.com

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » May 29th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Hi Manuel,

I appreciate your reasoned feedback.

I am convinced that the problem some are having with SR is due to my failure to convey the nuances of the "sell." After all, it DOES work wonderfully for many. For example: were Tom Frame's audiences (see the post at the head of this thread) dumb? Are Banachek's audiences dumb. What about Bob Cassidy, Jerome Finley and Devin Knight? Do they only perform to dumb audiences? Of course not.

And, of course, while there are negative threads re SR, there are also positive ones. However, such tit-for-tat does NOT SOLVE the problem. And, that problem quite clearly is -- some people are just not making this work. I acknowledge that. And, I'm trying to put it right.

If you would like to email me at ben@wowbound.com I will happily send you a complimentary copy of the sequel (in July) which I hope will fill in the gaps for you. You can then report back here and let everyone know if it's been of assistance.

Cheers

Benny

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 30th, 2010, 8:17 am

Doc's trick is very, very clever and transcendentally sneaky. It may not work as a close-up trick since it's in the same ballpark as The Tossed Out Deck (but a completely different method). Just reading the method will make you laugh in that way that only mad scientists contemplating taking over the world can laugh. You can find it in his book, MONKEYSHINES VOLUME ONE.

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » May 30th, 2010, 9:06 am

Doc's material is always great. You know when you buy his stuff that you are getting actual audience-tested material from a working pro. Two thumbs up!

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 30th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Upps!... you're write...

Thanks!

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 30th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Ben,

I hope you can fill in the gaps for all of us in the sequel of SR, it is not going to be an easy job.

I didn't mean to say that Cassidy's, Finley's, Banacheck's and Knight's audiences were dumb, of course not. They are all good reputation magicians who have been performing for a lot of years.

As you say, if this trick works well is because of the "selling" factor, the magician has to work hard to make the spectator forget about how he/she chose the card.

I think SR doesnt focus enough on this "selling" factor.

I will be happy to report back here and let everyone know if this sequel solves the problem we've been discussing in this forum.

Manuel

Manuel García

Postby Manuel García » May 30th, 2010, 5:10 pm

Hi Efendi,

Have you succed performing SR to a different audience?

Manuel

Doc Dixon

Postby Doc Dixon » June 3rd, 2010, 11:09 am

Bob Farmer wrote:Doc's trick is very, very clever and transcendentally sneaky. It may not work as a close-up trick since it's in the same ballpark as The Tossed Out Deck (but a completely different method). Just reading the method will make you laugh in that way that only mad scientists contemplating taking over the world can laugh. You can find it in his book, MONKEYSHINES VOLUME ONE.

James Cotton wrote:Doc's material is always great. You know when you buy his stuff that you are getting actual audience-tested material from a working pro. Two thumbs up!

Bob & James,

Thanks for your kinds words about my books.

And Bob, "Transcendentally sneaky?" What is it about Canadian magicians and "transcendental" stuff?

Again, thanks!

Doc Dixon
www.dixonmagic.com

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 3rd, 2010, 12:14 pm

Ooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm--I am seeing the forest for the trees oooooommmmmm--I am floating above the arboreal plain I am oooommmmmmm ....

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » June 12th, 2010, 3:18 am

From the ad copy for the updated release - emphasis added:

Professional mentalists like Bob Cassidy, Marc Spelmann, Jerome Finley, Marc Paul, Devin Knight, Paolo Cavalli, Looch, Francesco Tesei and Banachek saw the potential, many adding Silent Running routines to their acts. Conversely, a handful of magicians failed to see the potential. Why was this the case? Why do mentalists quickly "get it" while some magicians struggle with the concept? I believe the polarization of opinion boils down to two things: The difference between how magicians and mentalists approach their material and performances, and, therefore, my reluctance to provide every bit of minutia in the initial description of the Silent Running procedure. I assumed magicians would perceive and comprehend the details and nuances as readily as mentalists. In retrospect, I can see how that was a misguided decision!

It is telling that the contributors to the sequel are almost all mentalists. It also speaks volumes that the small smattering of critics of the approach are almost all magicians. I think that proves that there is indeed a chasm between how both groups approach their presentations. Magicians "shuffle" cards, while mentalists "mix" them. Mentalists know that an occasional failure builds credibility, while magicians shun the thought. And, I'm convinced, therein lies the answer: both groups approach performing from entirely DIFFERENT angles.

Which begs a few questions:

Is there really any difference between mentalists and magicians, or is it merely a matter of how you choose to define your act?

If there is a difference, is it as claimed that magicians need to be guided in detail, while mentalists have an inferred superior grasp and don't need to be guided?

Or is it, if you believe the distinction, rather the case that mentalists have lower standards for quality of effect construction and description?

To sum up, does this mean Bob Farmer is, as implied by Harris, too stupid to get it - or rather, that Ben Harris doesn't like accurate if unfavorable criticism?

So, dear reader - what are you? Mentalist or magician?

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » June 12th, 2010, 3:52 am

Here's the full pre-publication skinny:

Run Silent, Run Deep
by Ben Harris and guests.
200 plus pages, templates and photos.

Available July 31, 2010

Run Silent, Run Deep is the highly anticipated sequel to the controversial book, Silent Running (which created such a storm of interest in early 2010). This clever approach to the Think of a Card plot gained immediate acceptance with mentalists around the world (being translated into Japanese, Spanish and German editions), yet seemingly baffled some magicians who were not used to the subtleties used in performing "mind" magic. Professional mentalists like Bob Cassidy, Marc Spelmann, Jerome Finley, Marc Paul, Devin Knight, Paolo Cavalli, Looch, Francesco Tesei and Banachek saw the potential, many adding Silent Running routines to their acts. Conversely, a handful of magicians failed to see the potential. Why was this the case? Why do mentalists quickly "get it" while some magicians struggle with the concept?

I believe the polarization of opinion boils down to two things: The difference between how magicians and mentalists approach their material and performances, and, therefore, my reluctance to provide every bit of minutia in the initial description of the Silent Running procedure. I assumed magicians would perceive and comprehend the details and nuances as readily as mentalists. In retrospect, I can see how that was a misguided decision!

It is telling that the contributors to the sequel are almost all mentalists. It also speaks volumes that the small smattering of critics of the approach are almost all magicians. I think that proves that there is indeed a chasm between how both groups approach their presentations. Magicians "shuffle" cards, while mentalists "mix" them. Mentalists know that an occasional failure builds credibility, while magicians shun the thought. And, I'm convinced, therein lies the answer: both groups approach performing from entirely DIFFERENT angles.

Run Silent, Run Deep has been written with two very clear goals in mind.

Firstly, it is intended to make the basic procedure CRYSTAL CLEAR so that a wider audience of performers will be able to grasp and utilize the procedure, and thus have access to the exciting material that uses it. After all, most of my readers ARE magicians, so this is a very important consideration. To address this, my very good friend Steve Shufton, (who is a talented magician AND mentalist), has distilled his thoughts on the matter into written form. Steve's detailed approach is a thing of beauty. His script and insight of the subject bristles with detail and leaves the spectator with an unequivocal impression that they have had a free choice of ANY OF 52 CARDS IN THE DECK, and that NO ONE CAN POSSIBLY KNOW THE SECRETLY THOUGHT OF CARD. I am indebted to Steve for taking the time to think this through in such depth, and for conveying the process with such clarity, to my readers. I honestly believe that if you really study what Steve has to say, then you too will see the light, and then feel empowered by the "Silent Running procedure".

The second intent of the sequel is to bring you some truly STUNNING performance material. Several of the items included could have easily been sold as separate effects for the same price you have paid for this entire collection. Here are some of the highlights:

A FORCE IN THE DARK by Steve Shufton
This is the above-mentioned analysis of the Silent Running procedure that will have you up to speed in no time. Experienced performers will also cull some intricate detail to further enhance their use of the procedure.

HANDS OFF by Steve Shufton
Imagine performing The Brainwave effect ENTIRELY in the spectators own hands. Yes, you hand them the deck, have a card thought of and allow the spectator to search through the deck. The spectator discovers ONE ODD BACKED CARD. And, it is his thought of card. This is a miracle, and as mentioned, the performer NEVER TOUCHES THE CARDS!

STARMAN by Ben Harris
A deck of 20 star maps from the 1960s is introduced and a prediction is placed separately on the table. This revelation was supposedly received by a Dr Elmer William Bishop and records the exact date of First Contact with extra-terrestrials. The spectator is asked to imagine this profound moment in human history by mentally selecting a planet and date (any one of the planets in the solar system and a date between 2100 - 2999). She then pinpoints her selected planet on one of the star maps. The prediction on the table is shown to match PERFECTLY! The planet and date recording "First Contact" are correctly predicted. This lovely effect is SUPPLIED WITH TEMPLATES (including trim lines) so you can EASILY print out your own Star Deck on your office (or home) printer using light cardboard. You are also instructed on how to age the deck making it look like the deck originated in the 1960s.

ETERNAL FLAME (Silent Blister) by Ben Harris
Here, the blister concept from Jack Tillar, is given the Silent Running treatment. Now you can give the impression that any thought of card can be plucked from the flame of a BORROWED LIGHTER - appearing as blisters on your fingers! The unique stealth gimmick is in full view, yet unnoticed. COMPLETE WITH TEMPLATE so you can make this up by taking the supplied keyline to your local laser cutting shop (or by using your own tools).

WAKING DREAMS by Jason Messina
This is a cunning lucid dream effect that uses a DIARY, thus getting away from playing cards altogether. Includes full details on preparing your own diary for this amazing effect. Make your dreams, and the dreams of your spectators, come true!

THE WHITE ROOM by Ran Pink
This lovely pure mentalism effect is inspired by Silent Running, yet is actually very different. A spectator imagines they are sitting in a totally white room, and you then take them on a voyage of discovery. Currently sold by Ran Pink at his website for $15.00 it is now further refined and presented here in full.

SILENT PAST by Jamie Badman and Colin Miller
Jamie and Colin have taken their CLASSIC marketed effect and revised it for Silent Running. The thought of card appears in a photo in your wallet. INCLUDES THE NEW PHOTO TEMPLATES so you can print this out on your own printer, or have it done at your local photo-mart.

The above effects are only some of the HIGHLIGHTS.

*MANY MORE routines and ideas (exploring the use of electronics, varied selection processes, other fishing angles, the use of imaginary dice, faro shuffles, muscle reading, the Tossed Out Deck, numerical predictions, multiple spectators, and the simultaneous use of multiple CrossRoads "keys", etc) are included from:

Jamie Badman
Richard Busch
Ben Harris
Claude Imperiale
Isaac Louie
Colin Miller
Bernardo Rodriguez
Matthew Shepherd
Steve Shufton
Robert Smith
Christopher Taylor
Francesco Tesei
Mario Unger
and more.

Run Silent, Run Deep is a MASSIVE tome, and although the final page count is not complete we estimate it will be well over 200 pages!

PRE-ORDER BONUS:

Order at the special pre-publication price of US$39.95 prior to July 31 and you will receive a special COLOR SET OF TEMPLATES for STARMAN. (The regular set is mono to allow for aging). You will be able to print out and make the FULL COLOR DECK on any color copier, bubble-jet or laser printer. And, the included trim marks make it easy to cut the cards out perfectly.

*Contributors and content subject to change due to the vast variety of material submitted and our efforts to provide a diverse cross-section of ideas and routines.

See www.wowbound.com for updates as work progresses. A full 7 day money back warranty applies, as it did with Silent Running.

Cheers

Ben Harris

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » June 12th, 2010, 8:33 am

You are a marketing genius and I salute you.
Last edited by mrgoat on June 12th, 2010, 10:21 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Needless Needling.

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » June 14th, 2010, 2:19 am

That edit makes for pithy reading! I like Richard's succinct and subtle take on matters.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » June 14th, 2010, 9:33 am

BP should hire Ben to do its press releases.

Ben Harris

Postby Ben Harris » June 18th, 2010, 6:14 am

Work is progressing wonderfully on Run Silent, Run Deep.

And, here's the latest news:

Richard Busch amazes:

Leading mentalist and thinker, Richard Busch, has contributed a lovely effect sure to impress the fussiest. Pure class.

Tommy Chimes In:

Tommy, of ACAAN fame has contributed some fascinating ideas and handlings for consideration. Thanks Tommy!

Japanese Addition:

We've just added a wonderful routine from Japan's Hiro Sakai, which has been translated for you by Yuki Kadoya. Both Hiro-san and Yuki-san are thanked from the bottom of my heart. So many countries and varied backgrounds are represented, it makes me very happy.

Underground-collective:

Jamie Badman and Colin Miller (the underground-collective) have been most creative and generous. They have THREE lovely effects for you (that's two more than previously noted):

Silent Past:
The magician weaves a tale about his childhood and a poker game in which a card was glimpsed; a winning card which became a lucky charm. The spectator imagines that very game, naming the card they visualise in that legendary game whereupon the magician produces an old photograph of a man holding a playing card the spectators freely-chosen selection!

Silent Present:
A deck is placed on the table and two spectators each name a card. The deck is turned face up and the first spectators card has disappeared. The second spectator, though, can see her card. The deck is very fairly turned face down then the magician produces from his wallet the first spectators card. The second spectator then names her card. The magician spreads the face down deck to reveal a single face up card in the centre the second selection.

Silent Future:
The magician predicts a card on his iPhone screen and places the phone screen-downwards on the table. A spectator removes the deck from the case and shuffles the deck, turns it face up and cuts the deck, arriving at a totally random face-card. The phone is turned over to reveal the prediction exactly matches the card. Can be immediately repeated.

Italy Lectures:

Francesco Tesei, one of Italy's leading mentalists, has developed a lovely STAGE presentation for Silent Running. He's been featuring this in his recent lecture. You'll love this. AND it appears in RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP! Thank you Francesco!

These are just recent additions to our previously advertised contributors!. See our webpage for all the details.

www.wowbound.com

Cheers

Benny

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”