Major Development by Bob Solari

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Steve V

Postby Steve V » January 12th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Close Up Effect
www.bobsolarimagic.com

Major Development is a chop cup style routine that is creative and makes sense. Im actually surprised Ive not seen this idea before. The basic routine is the ol ball is put in pocket and appears under cup, you take it out and it appears under there again, then final load. In this case the cup is one of those plastic canisters one gets when they purchase a roll of film and the final load is a roll of film. I love it, and the final line lets see what develops is good and a good beginning to a set of magic. The gimmick is well made, mine is, and Im really pleased with this. I did it at the bar and it came off well, it has the added bonus of being small enough to carry around.

The only problem with this routine is again friction. The balls that come with the cup are fluff balls and when both balls are in the cup the one that is suppose to easily come out often gets hung up on the other ball. You have to keep aware of this because there is the potential of the spectator wondering why, when pouring out the ball, it got hung up. Youll need to work with it a bit to get the knack. This is a routine that might be of interest to the strolling magician and would play stronger in a tourist area. I liked it.
Steve V

Richard Perrin

Re: Major Development by Bob Solari

Postby Richard Perrin » January 13th, 2009, 10:07 pm

And the cost?

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » January 13th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Sounds like an interesting twist to the chop cup.

But does anybody still use rolls of film? In 3-5 more years, will anybody know what you mean when you say "see what develops"?

Harry Entwistle

Postby Harry Entwistle » January 14th, 2009, 10:16 am

David that's exactly what I was thinking...Other then people using them as stash containers.

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”